Throne experience doubling as your office chair?

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hello, I work from home and have a small sit/stand desk in my drum room. I need another drum throne for a second kit setup, while also wanting to improve the chair I sit in at my desk. Has anyone doubled a high end throne to use at your computer desk as well? Ideally, saving space with one "chair" for both would serve me really well. To note, I have a very old Roc n Soc with backrest that is not cutting it for sitting at the desk for extended amounts of time (when I'm not standing). It doesn't allow my rear to scoot back far enough into the chair if that makes sense.

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same sitch (as the kids say). I bought this stool off of Amazon after trying it out in Office Max. It’s not perfect for either situation IMO, but works pretty well as a sit/stand office stool and lowered, works as a throne. The rounded bottom on the stool is supposed to be good for your core.
709397D1-CFA2-49D0-AFA4-7CCCC6E24614.png

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I haven’t used it as a WFH office chair but there’s been a few occasions where the throne has doubled as seat for dinner when company is over.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines in storage right now, but I like to use my throne at my desk. Makes me sit up straight.

davezedlee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve been using a Tama throne with backrest for about 3 years now… it lets me sit a little higher at my “desk”, which is really a door with bass drums underneath and ikea legs

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
These are perfect for that.

1623479872566.png

You could get a second base and use the top part for the kit and leave the bottom part at the desk.

The back part is adjustable.

I use this vinyl nitro model witout arm rests and office bottom part.
E97DA8E3-4583-437E-A07E-49FF53427B49.jpeg

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve actually been wondering if an office stool could make a good drum throne. I used to use an adjustable height bar stool as a throne back when I was in high school. I loved it, and it had a backrest which was not common to see on a throne back around 1980.

LauraCai

Reaction score
Yes. I use a Roc-n-Soc throne with backrest as my office chair & also on a drum set. Works great for me. I also use a couple of them as barstools which everyone likes that sits at the bar on them.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No way would I use a drum throne as an office chair. No back rest, no arm rests, no lumbar support. A drum throne is meant to be strong and open for easy limb mobility. An office chair is supposed to be supportive and comfortable with many adjustments for sitting in 8 hours a day.

Two totally different animals.