header.nohb.html

Throne height influences pedal stroke ?

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone notice that if you adjust the height of your throne, you also need to adjust your pedal throw ?

Raised my throne recently and just wasn't comfortable with my pedal till I increased the throw on it in response to the added throne height.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that if you adjust the height of your throne, you also need to adjust your pedal throw ?

Raised my throne recently and just wasn't comfortable with my pedal till I increased the throw on it in response to the added throne height.

I haven't ever bothered to adjust my pedal, but it does feel different.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I raised my throne and decreased my throw recently…Everyone is different.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I spend a bit of time thinking about this and I wonder if I'm over-thinking it.

And I probably am but that's me.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that when I’m standing and trying the pedals at the shop that my foot works a lot better . I’ve got a lot less leg to lift sitting higher and with the throw shortened less to control ……
But I’ve seen and played all kinda set ups . And seen folks play well all kind of ways …..

Who knows …..

Drums are certainly not like other instruments are they ?

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The only relevant thing I notice is that if a house kit's stool is quite different in height to mine and not adjustable, then I get cramps later so stool height and muscle action are linked for sure ....

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I sit fairly high and if I sit too low my foot gets too sluggish and I have to work harder. Had to set up on very uneven ground this last weekend at a private party and my throne was way too low. I struggled a bit for the first couple songs until I raised it up a bit. I like my foot to almost float over the pedal since that makes heel/toe easier for me.