Tim Alexander has a YouTube channel, and nobody is watching it

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
VB is an agent pr(dangit spell check isn't helping me out here) troll here. Might want to find a new line of work.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Erik Shenkman of Spin Doctors has a channel no one watches either and he's been posting vids of the band redoing most of the songs from Pocket Full Of Kryptonite and a couple from Turn it Upside Down. FWIW, I think it's a great example of a band using tech to play together without having to be in the same room at the same time. Also -- Aaron Comess, still awesome. And Big Fat Funky Booty is now an earworm.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick, semi-obvious note about Tim Alexander: he was the perfect foil for Les Claypool’s heavy funk, maverick and one of a kind bass playing. Worth pointing out to those who haven’t heard Primus much or at all. Claypool wrote songs that are unlike most of what’s out there and played them in a way no one else had before. Tim is a shredding drummer in good way.

Last edited:

bconrad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick, semi-obvious note about Tim Alexander: he was the perfect foil for Les Claypool’s heavy funk, maverick and one of a kind bass playing. Worth pointing out to those who haven’t heard Primus much or at all. Claypool wrote songs that are unlike most of what’s out there and played them in a way no one else had before. Tim is shredding drummer in good way.
I first saw them in 88 or 89. They played a skate jam in Reno (it was supposed to be Operation Ivy but they had just broken up), and my jaw was on the floor.

Pat A Flafla

Reaction score
Darn. I was hoping it would be vids of his spectacular playing.

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
First heard primus in '93 and saw them live in '96. The way tim is able to dance his parts around les claypools bass playing is just an incredible thing to hear but even more incredible to see live. My whole high school drumline went to the show and we were right up front center stage. It's one of my fondest live music memories. It was the tales from the punchbowl tour. I also have to give props to Larry lalonde's guitar work as well. It takes some really special musicians to play with someone of les' caliber. And les was in his prime working the crowd with his usual strange and goofy banter that night too. Great concert.