Time for a new cymbal bag -

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I'm tired of the Sabian backpack zippers failing - I'm looking for something that can hold a 22" ride - I am not concerned with the outer pocket for my hi-hats as much as a front compartment that can hold
my stick back and other small things. My IEM's and a small tablet -

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My favorite is the Beato Pro 1, they do have the option of the hat/splash pocket.

FWIW, my IEM’s and iPad mini fit in my Reunion Blues large stick bag.

iruderman

Reaction score
I love Beato drum bags, but have never owned a cymbal bag. I have a Mono cymbal bag and it’s the best cymbal bag I’ve ever owned.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that a 24/check/
tell em you want a 22

you just want the 22"/ front zipper pocket/ no dividers (if you can avoid it)

what the hecks wrong with people today (at these stores..

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced a tough traveler I had for 25 years with a new Tama powerpad. (The new tough travelers are so expensive it's laughable. )
It's extremely well made, has a separate section for hi hats and on the opposite side a section for a stick bag or doo dads. And it looks super sharp and cost around $85.
However, it's really heavy. As nice as it is, I find it too heavy for the simple gigs I do where I just carry a sets of hats and a few cymbals. If i had it to do over again I'd probably get something else and check the weight first.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe find an old gently used cymbal bag from when zippers were still good. I've abused the cheapest Sabian bag for at least 25 years with no failing parts. Also had a Power Flex for almost that long. I have some newer bags that failed almost immediately. If you want new and everlasting, maybe look into a cymbal case instead of a bag.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
I have a Paiste bag that is very durable and plenty big for a 22” cymbal. Beato bags are great as well.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have a Reunion Blues all leather bag unfortunately don't make them anymore. This would be my second choice, leather being the best bag out there. You only buy it once.

midnightsupperclub

Reaction score
I refused to pay the high price for a Mono bag for the longest time but after breaking a couple of bags by other brands, I picked up a Mono cymbal bag and now I swear by them. For my guitars and basses too.

The Mono cymbal bag will take a 22", has a spacious back pocket where the backpack strap are and definitely will hold your stick bag, tablet etc. I love it cus it's well designed, got lots of pockets and built to withstand abuse.

multijd

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a mono and a tough traveler. They are both high end expensive bags. Prior to that i had a reunion blues for 30+ years. The mono has great protection but is bulky and 22” cymbals go in and come out with diffculty. The tough traveler is great, as mentioned above it is extremely expensive. But it is roomy lightweight durable and well built (in America if that is important to you).

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Paiste bag that is very durable and plenty big for a 22” cymbal. Beato bags are great as well.

+1 on the black Paiste bags - I have two of them and they are excellent . Never had any issues with mine . They are very competitively priced .

I do love the Beato Pro 1 cymbal bags with the dividers . Make sure you specify you want the dividers when your order your bag .

moosryan

Reaction score
I have the Ahead backpack and it's really nice--the dividers are a little less fluffy, but more rigid, which is nice. (I have the original Cymbal Silo, not the deluxe--it looks like I'm only seeing the deluxe on sale online, which is a lot more expensive.) Seems fairly similar to the Monos, which look great.

I also have a Protection Racket bag, which is terrific, but since it doesn't have backpack straps it mostly gets used for storage these days. I would never never never again buy a cymbal bag without backpack straps.

Vintage Old School

Reaction score
For a bullet proof cymbal bag with heavy duty YKK zippers look no further than the leather PieSafe bags made to your specs at Cymbals Only.

Spoonman

Reaction score
Maybe find an old gently used cymbal bag from when zippers were still good. I've abused the cheapest Sabian bag for at least 25 years with no failing parts. Also had a Power Flex for almost that long. I have some newer bags that failed almost immediately. If you want new and everlasting, maybe look into a cymbal case instead of a bag.
I am with you Pat…I have the same Sabian bag from 25 years ago. Does the trip, hold up just fine. One broken zipper handle that was replaced with a Zip tie, bust still holds my 22” ride and what ever else is needed.
I cannot see spending a ton of cash of cash cymbal bag…but there certainly are nicely crafted ones out there…

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have the non-leather Reunion Blues and it's very nice. A zipper pull did break on it however... If I were needing a new bag I'd be looking at the Mono I think.