Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
imagejpeg_1.jpg

Glad I brought throne, pedal and stand. We are everywhere this week.
Living proof, you don't have to be very good if you just put it out there. Find a good writer to collaborate with.

Studio kit was a mongrell mid level kit with the heads barely even on, but with some really nice small crash cymbals, and my 20" A ride and 14" Armand hats. My hats wound up surprisingly and disappointingly low in the mix, it's my small, bright bar technique I guess? They had a mic. Learning curve in effect.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah!! My band is a guest on a tv music show, so it's a fun opportunity to take the Broadkaster kit out of the house for the first time. Well my sloppy cajun groove will sharply contrast the scientific precision of the houseband's drummer: a local legend who spent most of the 80's and 90's touring worldwide in an acclaimed fusion outfit, and has been teaching drums in a prestigious college program ever since. Intimidating as this may be, I'll still bash away with an ear to ear smile and enjoy the day out making music, with my friends...
20210320_084315.jpg
20210320_084325.jpg

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah!! My band is a guest on a tv music show, so it's a fun opportunity to take the Broadkaster kit out of the house for the first time. Well my sloppy cajun groove will sharply contrast the scientific precision of the houseband's drummer: a local legend who spent most of the 80's and 90's touring worldwide in an acclaimed fusion outfit, and has been teaching drums in a prestigious college program ever since. Intimidating as this may be, I'll still bash away with an ear to ear smile and enjoy the day out making music, with my friends... View attachment 490816 View attachment 490817
Everybody has something to offer...don't let that bother you..

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Everybody has something to offer...don't let that bother you..
Oh it is intimidating, but that doesn't prevent me from doing my job. Our thing is way more about setting a party mood, than about placing a zillion complex syncopated hits exactly on the grid. As long as the momentum goes forward and the smiles are wide, ours is a style of music where looseness is sorta forgiven...

Although before the show, there is a tradition to start a jam a few minutes before going on air so that the band and the guests participating in the openning number are warmed up properly. Since we were on stage for the openning, the band started a very cool funky groove. The band's drummer got in with a perfectly executed Garibaldi impression, while I got in with more of a Gadson-ish supportive 16th notes pocket groove. I even let myself rip a few fills. I had a nice nod of the head from behind the drummers' plexi cage as well as congratulations from the other band members afterwards. Not that I need or crave validation, but it was nice nonetheless.

These guys know me very well as I've been on this show a lot of times in my regular singing function. Their concept is they take a local celebrity, actor, Tv/radio host, athlete etc and invite artists he/she likes to sing songs that are sort of a storyline of the guest's life.
But it was my first appearance behind the kit. And my band was also the ones being celebrated so, we got to sit back in the big chairs for the remainder of the show, and watch people we love and respect sing a bunch of songs dear to us. Even my daughter and my brother's twins sang one of our songs, needless to say, there weren't any dry eyes in the place !!! In our micro market, this show pulls in like 1.5 million viewers, wich means that about one out of three households tunes in to watch!!

All in all a GREAT night! I'll try and post a clip as soon as I get one from the production team.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took part of the INDe shell bank out last night for a casual at a local Hotel bar / grill and had a blast. This time it was the warm, lush HH based Sabian rig as I knew volume was an issues in this very bright room. My George Way copper finished out the set. I wish I had more kits (I've sold them all down to three and one stays in the practice room) to share, but I cant wait for more of you to start playing out again as this is always my favorite DFO thread.

20210326_173517 copy.jpg

Attachments

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Played another assisted living facility yesterday, so things are picking up. No photos and I only had room for a snare drum. Tonight I will be playing at one of my favorite outdoors venues in Orlando. Will post photos and video after I get back. My wife will be there to photograph and video, and enjoy an excellent meal - it's one of my favorite restaurants as well as venues.
https://maxinesonshine.com/

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back at the same restaurant Saturday for a night of 60's and 70's covers but with my Tama Starphonic Copper for this visit (same Mehmet Nostalgia's just running a little smaller this time with 15" hats, 16 & 18" crashes and the 70's 22" ride). Complete with the unused cooler and weird Mannequin sharing the stage... sigh! But Im so happy to be playing, I let him stay and play tamborine on a few tracks!

20210403_210254 copy.jpg

20210403_184611 copy.jpg

And this morning Church gig set with their Catalina's and first get Pearl brass Sensitone II and my very controlled, lush Sabian rig! Well, the hats are their 15" Monarchs and they work so well with my set I dont even bother pulling my 15" Remastered HH's out of the bag!

20210411_094430 copy.jpg