Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Playing for cabaret artist Sharron Matthews at the Living Arts Centre in just outside of Toronto. Club Custom 20/12/14, Yamaha Akira Jimbo signature snare and 12" Musashi snare, Paiste Twenty hihats, Sabian 17" AAX X-plosion fast crash, 18" Evolution crash, 21" HH Soul Side ride, and an SR2 splash that was placed on the snare. Sticks from Innovative Percussion and Headhunters.
IMG_2776.jpg

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Some fun shots from a show I played last night. I was using another bands kit with my snare, cymbals, stands and electronics. Nice sounding PDP kit. I have to say I am continually pleased with the sound of the PDPs I've played. My cymbals- 14" Sabian sizzle hats, 18" Aax Sabian Metal crash, 20" Aax Sabian Metal ride, 16" Wuhan western crash. Alesis electronics running samples and my trusty audio technica head set mic.
image0000004.jpg

Attachments

Drumceet

Reaction score
Great room. It was the first show using this kit, and let me tell you, a tear came to my eye the first time I hit the 12” tom during sound check. Unfortunately I know now why I have been driving myself crazy trying to get good sounds in my basement, the acoustics suck LOL. The Yamaha SC’s came alive in this venue as well as my vintage Ludwig 402. I had the drums tuned perfectly. Very proud that night.
AFB749C4-50AB-4448-AF9C-A544E29A35A0.jpeg

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great room. It was the first show using this kit, and let me tell you, a tear came to my eye the first time I hit the 12” tom during sound check. Unfortunately I know now why I have been driving myself crazy trying to get good sounds in my basement, the acoustics suck LOL. The Yamaha SC’s came alive in this venue as well as my vintage Ludwig 402. I had the drums tuned perfectly. Very proud that night.View attachment 397184
Very nice man....

I learned years ago that the best thing I could do to improve the sound of any kit I owned was to get it OUT of the basement....!

Like a $1000 dollar improvement in sound...

Drumceet

Reaction score
Very nice man....

I learned years ago that the best thing I could do to improve the sound of any kit I owned was to get it OUT of the basement....!

Like a $1000 dollar improvement in sound...
Thanks! I’ve been really hard on myself trying to tune and experimenting with different heads, and all the while my problem was the basement, not he drums. So nice to finally hear the full potential of these drums.

Especially the snare. I spent the night before the show swapping out the bottom head for an Ambassador Hazy, new throw off P86, and wires. The results were fantastic! The P86 was easy to install and I love the look on this vintage hammered Supra. The crack on this snare is mind blowning.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I decided to wait and do all three office days at once this afternoon. The Toto show was off this weekend (pre production is 3 days a week for another 4 weeks) and that gave us an off couple of days to rest. So what did I do to rest? Play more more drums of course!

Friday night was with an iconic local blues /rock band that I have seen play so many times, but never had the opportunity to play. I was asked if I was available to sub for thier drummer Friday night and I jumped at the chance and had a blast! I was a duck out of water mind you, but a happy duck all the same!

I choose my INDe's with the 12", 14" and 22" being called into service, George Way 6.5" Elkhart Copper snare and my Sabian HH rig (15" Dark HH Hats, 18 & 20" Vanguard crash's and a 22" Legacy heavy ride).

20190517_183419 copy.jpg

20190517_184150 copy.jpg

Saturday I spent several hours of much needed maintenance on my gear, and the snares in particular... So while I had them out I took an updates family photo...

20190518_202912 copy copy.jpg

And that brought us to today where I had the opportunity to play a wonderful set with my old band "The Peace Merchants" for a local well know Sunday Brunch... Completely different than Friday night but equally as much fun!

For this one, it was the cheap Gretsch Catalina Club's with a new to me George Way 6.5" Birch Traditions snare and my Agop Signature rig (with 15" hats, 20" 21" & 22" crash / rides).

20190519_120415 copy.jpg

20190519_120208 copy.jpg

I hope everyone had a great playing weekend!

Ward

Last edited:

Ghostin one

Reaction score
Two shows this past weekend, and three next weekend with a band I joined recently.

Setting up at a campground in Lancaster county, PA:

It rained for a few minutes as soon as we were all set up, then fortunately, it stopped until the drive home. "Here Comes the Sun" was the first song.

Latest posts