Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Ghostin one

Reaction score
Freight train hurtling past the nice restaurant I played Friday night. Rain for ten minutes, lots of scrambling around with tarps.

I mowed my lawn earlier that day, and found a tick crawling on my leg (it didn't bite). So that night when I felt a bug crawling in my hair in the middle of a song, I was concerned... managed to keep playing, but got up when the song was over to check and didn't find anything.

A few minutes later, the guitar player was flailing and swatting at whatever insect was in HIS hair - then it was the bass player's turn! They were June bugs or chafer beetles, attracted to the lights and our awesome sound, probably.

Johnny K

Reaction score
I had the mini Gretsch kit on this gig. 8/10/16/10. Before we started the show, We put the plexiglass shield around me and I used the 4x10 Cat Maple snare for the entire gig. My 5.5x14 snare sounded terrible in here. It was really swampy. The house kit was wreck of a Pearl Export with Sabian AXX cymbals. I opted to use my own stuff. Gretsch and Zildjian K's

Last edited:

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hum... do I spot a Tama Copper Starphonic in there? What do you think about it? Looking for some user reviews for sure.
It’s a delightful drum. It’s dark and throaty with immense body and “thickness”. It’s a pleasant sounding drum and not a crackwhip. What I really like about it, is that it’s almost two drums in one; lively and singing played off center w/rimshots but struck dead center the pitch drops and you get this super fat backbeat sound. A pleasant bonus is how sensitive it is. I have a few Starphonics and this one is the most sensitive of the bunch.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love how you still have the blue plastic sheet on the hi-hat pedal!
I figure it helps keep new scratches from occurring too soon. I just let them fall off. Did the same with the bd pedal if you look close enough. It still has the plastic cover over it, too.

Latest posts