Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you, Tama took drum-making to new heights when they developed the Starclassic lines. I remember unboxing the first set of Starclassic Maples in the store where I worked, and knew immediately that I was looking at a new era of quality drums. One look at Halldorl's picture, above, tells the story.

GeeDeeEmm

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
this was a TOTO Tribute weekend (we do two weeks a month) so nothing new, except I ran my George Way Copper snare as it just sat in the room better (photo during soundcheck so still showing my normal INDe for this show). I dont usually think to take an office pics with all the show rig besides me... I always feel like I should get permission for take off before opening track!

20190810_160626 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny K

Reaction score
Down in the trenches...Tuesday night blues jam 8/13. Backline was a the house band's drummer's Ludwig Questlove Breakbeats kit. It was no slouch and neither was he. I put on my snare and cymbals when my turn came up. Gretsch G4160 COB, 60's stamp Avedis 22" ride & 14" hats and an 18" K Custom Fast Crash. When i was done i left it there for the other drummers to use. Pretty interesting to hear how someone else plays your gear and how your gear sounds to other people. The 18" Fast Crash is perfection. The ride is a little too quiet, more for jazz, which what I do in my normal band, same with the hats. Might look into a K-Sweet Ride and some 15" K hats or New Beats. The snare was slamming and it cut thru everything. You could hear the crossstick clicks on those die cast hoops clear across town.

TP Jam 08132019.jpg

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
From a production of the musical "City of Angels" at Randolph College in Toronto - lots of 1940's, big-band-y, film-noir type music. Really fun to play. Yamaha Club Customs (20, 12, 14, 16), Yamaha Sensitive 6.5x14 snare with a Skyntone head, and all Sabian cymbals (didn't set out to do that, just a coincidence): 14" XSR Monarch hats, 16" Artisan crash, 9" SR2 (HH?) splash, 22" HH Liquid Ride, 18" HHX Evolution crash, 22" SR2 Thin (HH? really sort of "hot" and "hissy" sounding ride) with rivet chain, 20" Encore Chinese. Good times. Not picture: a Treeworks double-row mark tree, and two Black Swamp triangles mounted on Miller Machines.

City of Angels drum setup (Randolph, August 2019).JPG

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Right now they’re low, in 4ths, but the high timb just doesn’t have “that” sound. So obvs it needs to be tuned higher; but I really dig the low timb tuned like a floor tom..

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
OK now I have them at an octave and a 4th, and this might be the bizniss right here. We'll have to see how they do out in "the real world", but the low drum is deep and thumpy, the high drum is in the musical range you want for a timbale, and they still make that nice chord together.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
this was a TOTO Tribute weekend (we do two weeks a month) so nothing new, except I ran my George Way Copper snare as it just sat in the room better (photo during soundcheck so still showing my normal INDe for this show). I dont usually think to take an office pics with all the show rig besides me... I always feel like I should get permission for take off before opening track!

View attachment 405967
I love the idea of a Toto Tribute band. Do you have any live videos of the band in action?

Latest posts