Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Let me clarify. All my toms have Dip clears on reso sides and my snares have Dip snare side hazys. I can’t imagine someone would use diplomats for batters. The toms have coated pinstripes on the batters and the snares have Ambassador Vintage coated batters.
Never say never, Johnny...but you'll learn that in time.
Thanks for clarifying your prior statement. =)

pwc1141

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
lord have mercy...what are those spurs on that bass drum doing?
Admittedly they look a bit different and, in that pic, perspective seems to show them protruding more than they actually do. They work fine and since I don't play music needing heavy bass drum use they will likely stay working fine. I did adjust them to better suit the pedal riser after that gig. Half a dozen local jazz drummers I know have versions of this local custom builders' kits and none have complained about those spurs and it's been some years since they started making them this way.

JoePasko2002

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
is that a pandeiro? and how is it mounted? thanks
Yeah its a pandeiro... from Remo. I mount it using the tambourine cradle from Black Swamp Percussion. The instrument sits on elastic shock cord, so it can move. Has legs for table-top paying -- and a hole so it can be mounted on an ordinary cymbal stand, which is what I do. I will sometimes play w/ my fingers. but mostly with wire brushes, which fits in well with our group. We still employ bluegrass instrumentation: banjo, guitar, fiddle, mandolin, banjo, bass + me with percussion. But we hardly do much pure bluegrass anymore, because we rarely play bluegrass events.. mostly general public things. So now we are the band that plays pop-rock with bluegrass instrumentation. Something different. I am playing a Louson strap-on box drum in this pic.
blackswamp.JPG

waterford_20190907_a.jpg

e.g.

Reaction score
This may sound kind of far fetched but that kit along with your hometown rings a bell for me. Did your band happen to open for Southern Culture On The Skids at Moe's Alley around 2005?
Yes, Sean Kennedy and the King Kats. I was subbing. Love Southern Culture!!!

tombo

Reaction score
Yes, Sean Kennedy and the King Kats. I was subbing. Love Southern Culture!!!
Wow, what a small world! I was in the audience :) My band was on a small tour on the west coast and had a day off and decided to stay in Santa Cruz. I think we stopped by Starving Musician and saw the poster for the show. I was a SCOTS fan from before and dragged the rest of the band with me. It was a good day: bought my first Supraphonic from Starving and saw two great bands!

tommi

e.g.

Reaction score
Wow, what a small world! I was in the audience :) My band was on a small tour on the west coast and had a day off and decided to stay in Santa Cruz. I think we stopped by Starving Musician and saw the poster for the show. I was a SCOTS fan from before and dragged the rest of the band with me. It was a good day: bought my first Supraphonic from Starving and saw two great bands!

tommi
Thanks Tommi, Sean had just gotten back from recording in N. Carolina at the guitar player for SCOTS home studio. They pretty much backed him up on the recording. The Starving Musician is also a great place to check out. There's one in Santa Cruz, and Santa Clara too.

logogogue

Reaction score
Mix of Saturn’s and Select Force drums. I needed a bigger kit so added on the sonor drums. They look different but they have the same parents and most likely born in the same factory. It’s odd but gets the job done.
714E0CF4-3D5D-422D-9380-6B6886AA5FB7.jpeg

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Mix of Saturn’s and Select Force drums. I needed a bigger kit so added on the sonor drums. They look different but they have the same parents and most likely born in the same factory. It’s odd but gets the job done. View attachment 410323
No apologies necessary. Welcome to the Jellybean Crowd!

DSCN2662.JPG
DSCN2446-1.jpg
DSCN2572-1.jpg

Last edited:

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Let me clarify. All my toms have Dip clears on reso sides and my snares have Dip snare side hazys. I can’t imagine someone would use diplomats for batters. The toms have coated pinstripes on the batters and the snares have Ambassador Vintage coated batters.
I use coated Diplomats for my 10” toms as batter while I run coated Amabassadors on the rest of the toms. Love it.

Latest posts