Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Played my annual "UnCovered" gig where we take the music of a couple of famous artists and transform it, using a whole cast of amazing singers. This year featured the tunes of Stevie Wonder and Prince sung by Jackie Richardson, Divine Brown, Jully Black and many others. Six nights at two beautiful halls. Pics aren't great lighting-wise (had to take them at intermission) but hopefully good enough for this thread!
IMG_4618.JPG
IMG_4620.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG

Yamaha Club Custom kit (22/10/12/16), Recording Custom Aluminum 5.5x14" snare, Musashi 6x12 snare, FRP 6.5x14 snare, DTX-M12, Yamaha Reface DX keyboard, Yamaha YG-1201 glock, Paiste Twenty hats, Sabian 16" protoype crash, Sabian 16" Artisan Crash, Sabian 10" HHX splash, Paiste Masters Twenty 20" Dark Crisp Ride, UFIP 18" Class Crash, Sabian 22" SR2 thin with rivet chain, Paiste PST-X 14" Swiss Hats, Zildjian 18" Trash Spiral.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Fridays jazz gig load out. 1 up one down, a couple of cymbals.

59554776089__FD80D1E6-5F76-40BF-A75A-A18045EB0A6D.JPG

Saturdays reset for a some woodshedding. No gig for a couple weeks. The new blues band me a couple fellas have put together do our regular practices after hours in my empty warehouse. We just scored a 2 PA mixer/amps and 2 S115V mains for 600 bucks. Between us, we all had mics and cables and 2 floor monitors. Were good to go for a small to medium sized room or small outdoor venue.

IMG_0631.jpg

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Got a great sound with surprisingly inexpensive gear.
20 years ago, so not possible. I remember having to bouncing track after track on a 4-track Tascam to make band demos. It's amazing we got gigs.

Now all you need is an 8 channel interface, a good DAW and a Mac Probook.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
20 years ago, so not possible. I remember having to bouncing track after track on a 4-track Tascam to make band demos. It's amazing we got gigs.

Now all you need is an 8 channel interface, a good DAW and a Mac Probook.
Hell, I'm using a MacBook Air and it works great. That along with Logic and a Presonus Firestudio is getting the job done.

I'm using these Pyle mics on the snare and toms, and they legitimately sound fantastic. I used to work at a pro studio and these are every bit as good as a real 57. Then a PG52 on the kick and a couple of MXL condensers as overheads. It all gets the job done.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hell, I'm using a MacBook Air and it works great. That along with Logic and a Presonus Firestudio is getting the job done.

I'm using these Pyle mics on the snare and toms, and they legitimately sound fantastic. I used to work at a pro studio and these are every bit as good as a real 57. Then a PG52 on the kick and a couple of MXL condensers as overheads. It all gets the job done.

I've heard good things about Pyle mics. For recording I use a 4 mic set up on mine. (2) AKG P120 LD condesers for overheads, a single 57 on the snare and a CAM KBM412 for the kick. All thru a Behringer 404HD interface to a windows 7 PC with SSD HD. The Shure SM57 is the most expensive of the 4. But at least it gets double duty micing up my Hot Rod DeVille 410 guitar amp. Ive been checking FB market place for a cheap MacBook. Damn for 13 dollars! I should by 4 more for my toms and upgrade to an 8 channel interface.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Pyle mics. For recording I use a 4 mic set up on mine. (2) AKG P120 LD condesers for overheads, a single 57 on the snare and a CAM KBM412 for the kick. All thru a Behringer 404HD interface to a windows 7 PC with SSD HD. The Shure SM57 is the most expensive of the 4. But at least it gets double duty micing up my Hot Rod DeVille 410 guitar amp. Ive been checking FB market place for a cheap MacBook. Damn for 13 dollars! I should by 4 more for my toms and upgrade to an 8 channel interface.
They're just transformerless 57's. So they already did the mod everyone likes to them right out of the box.

Latest posts