Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Rehearsal last night at a bandmate’s house in a very period-correct 70’s Rec room with wood paneling, wall radio and intercom, bar, pool table, fireplace with lava rocks, bean bag chair.... I hope they never remodel this wonderful museum.
I don't miss the wood panelling but I do miss bean bag chairs and super thick pile carpets. I'd love a sunken family room like that. Not sure how much longer my body could get up from bean bag chairs thougho

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Had a gig on Sat. at the Monterey Museum of Art.....very cool place with a huge room. I took my 12/13/16 Gretsch SSB kit and my vintage Black Beauty. Lovely room which made my empty, non-ported 16" bass sound huge. Unfortunately, my digital recording clips every time the bass hits! Digital video sounds great, though. We did 2 sets, each almost 1 hour long.....lots of fun!!!

20191207_112958.jpg

20191207_112931.jpg

20191207_132952.jpg

Attachments

James Walker

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No sleighbells? What sort of orchestra holiday concert is that? ;)
I know, right? We usually do "Sleigh Ride" at some point, but they changed things up this year. The first half of the program we played Tschaikovsky's "Nutcracker" Suite, but alternating with the New England Jazz Ensemble performing the Ellington/Strayhorn charts based on the original "Nutcracker."

Latest posts