Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My band started working on some original material yesterday. And with the guitarists playing heavy riffs in drop C# tuning, it only felt right to bring out the big guns to match their sounds.

Hard to tell so please, for the love of God man, tell me you're using cymbal sleeves?! :eek:

fitzsy

Reaction score
Here's the current kit with my "clean and pretty cymbals" (i.e. not the Ks I usually use with this kit). The wood hoops are a new addition, and I have a 20" bass drum for this kit as well. I have a second Canopus kit on the way, but it's not here yet.

Canopus RFM (8x12, 13x14, 14x18, 15x20).
Canopus NV60-M1 6.5x14.
Remo Fiberskyn diplomat batter heads all around.
Zildjian 12" A Zildjian hats (two tops), 18" K Custom dark crash, 20" Gene Krupa prototype (Avedis style w/out patina).

Fitzsy
A2B0A193-ADAD-4D5D-8561-EFE2D1A7ABFB.jpeg

Drumceet

Reaction score
I know this is a Office Pics thread, but I thought you guys might be interested in seeing an Office Video! This was shot last Wednesday during our MTelus show in Montreal. Pretty big night for us, and we had a great time.

CC Cirillo

Reaction score
I know this may look a little repetitious of the office shot I’d posted earlier, but the snare is different. The last rehearsal I’d posted had a black beauty, and this one here is the other end of the spectrum: a ‘57 Ludwig Pioneer.

I’ve decided to cycle through my snares, a different one each time. Next up is an Acrolite, then comes the Supraphonic, then Classic Maple. We can do that at rehearsals, mix things up. I guess my brand loyalty is pretty obvious....
90798B5C-8A9B-40A2-A31E-F3E03132EE0D.jpeg

Drumceet

Reaction score
I know this may look a little repetitious of the office shot I’d posted earlier, but the snare is different. The last rehearsal I’d posted had a black beauty, and this one here is the other end of the spectrum: a ‘57 Ludwig Pioneer.

I’ve decided to cycle through my snares, a different one each time. Next up is an Acrolite, then comes the Supraphonic, then Classic Maple. We can do that at rehearsals, mix things up. I guess my brand loyalty is pretty obvious.... View attachment 419746
Great point. I also like to mix things up at rehearsal, bringing a different snare, cymbals, especially a hi hat. I’ll even set up the drums differently, like going to two rack toms back to one.

If I’m doing a pub gig that sees us doing 3 one hour sets, I may change a cymbal for a particular set, if I want a different tone. This is helpful when it’s a small stage and no room to accommodate all my cymbals. I love mixing things up.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know this is a Office Pics thread, but I thought you guys might be interested in seeing an Office Video! This was shot last Wednesday during our MTelus show in Montreal. Pretty big night for us, and we had a great time.

Wow! I really liked that. You guys did a splendid job on a song that can really flop big time if not done with enough energy throughout the song. I closed my eyes so that I wouldn't be biased by the visuals, and the audio really rocked - consistently. So, big kudos to your band.

GeeDeeEmm

Drumceet

Reaction score
Wow! I really liked that. You guys did a splendid job on a song that can really flop big time if not done with enough energy throughout the song. I closed my eyes so that I wouldn't be biased by the visuals, and the audio really rocked - consistently. So, big kudos to your band.

GeeDeeEmm
Wow, that’s quite a compliment, thank you very much. I really appreciate you taking the time to check out the video. We loved playing those 5 Who songs that night. I’ll pass on your comment to the band, thanks again.

Latest posts