Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Drumceet

Reaction score
One of the other Who songs we did was 5:15, what a great song to play.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How do you like them so far, Halldorl? Look great and I bet sound great, especially that bass drum. Congrats again.
A bit of honeymoon still going on but these drums are probably the best drums I’ve ever owned. So rich and exploding with pure tone and amazing sound. Bass drum: I think it didn’t get the memo that it’s only 18”. Amazing drum.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
Playing in a converted Gothic church, the Spire, tonight with my big band. Christmas songs, including a couple by Gordon Goodwin, some swing classics, and a boy/girl pair of singers. I’m using my DW Buddy Rich set with my recently-found marching second floor tom and pretty new Paiste Masters Swish. The cymbal that sounded harsh and clangy in another venue sounds sweet and pure here. Go figure.
46451A77-8AC8-4D6C-AF3A-E856E702BEC3.jpeg
A5108AC8-405C-4A7A-8B6E-18753D6596A3.jpeg
62A9302F-0C79-4833-8020-30A026604F83.jpeg

Last edited:

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My very last office pics of the kit! :blink:

I played a Christmas program at a local church this morning and the music director mentioned how great my little Grestch kit sounded in their room and I said it was going to be missed as this was it's last date. I explained that I was moving back up to an 20" kick drum and after today the shell pack was for sale. Long story short... I left with out the drums!

A used Tama Performer Birch EXF kit (that so many have expressed a very defined opinion on my cutting down the kick) will replace this older Cat Club shell pack, but I do hope to play it again when I'm back there. It's a wonderful little set that really punches above it's weight class for being made out of cheap lauan!

Along with the Cats' is my trusty low volume cymbal rig of HH Sabians and a George Way Elkhart Copper snare. The Gibralter light weight hardware came home with me as well.

20191215_091655 copy.jpg

20191215_091816 copy.jpg

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Recently bought an Oriollo Phantom snare (fantastic drum) and added a couple cymbals. Managed to find an old Sabian HH fierce crash that I've been looking for for quite a while. I had the same cymbal years ago and stupidly sold it...glad to have one back.

View attachment 420400 View attachment 420401 View attachment 420402
This never happens on DFO except with your pictures: I really try to admire your drums, but I keep getting distracted by your signs for Chimay, Westvleteren and St Bernadus. It takes a lot to turn my head from a good Belgian trappist ale!

Last edited:

purity

Reaction score
This never happens on DFO except with your pictures: I really try to admire your drums, but I keep getting distracted by your signs for Chimay, Westvleteren and St Bernadus. It takes a lot to turn my head from a good Belgian trappist ale!
I was fortunate enough to live in Belgium for a few years so that made it much easier to track the signs down.

Latest posts