Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've not posted in the Office Pic thread of late so I remembered to grab a pic from Sunday. I recently sold this older Taiwanese made Catalina kit but the plus side is I still get to play it from time to time... what a wonderful little kit. Here with my "quite" Sabian cymbal rig.

20200112_103115 copy.jpg

20200112_094109.jpg

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m curious what models that cymbal set is comprised of.

I have several set up's by brands ( Sabian, Agop, Mehmet, UFiP) assembled to cover different needs with the largest bag being my Sabians. But within that bag is my "quite" rig... I LOVE this set of cymbals, so lush, full and responsive to any stick or brush I use on them....

15” HH Remastered Hats
18” HH Vanguard Crash (Not shown)
20” HH Vanguard Thin Crash (1570 grams)
22” HHX Legacy Heavy Ride (and can crash all day as well)

Last edited:

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've not posted in the Office Pic thread of late so I remembered to grab a pic from Sunday. I recently sold this older Taiwanese made Catalina kit but the plus side is I still get to play it from time to time... what a wonderful little kit. Here with my "quite" Sabian cymbal rig.

View attachment 423315

View attachment 423316
I love the simplicity of your setup there. Very clean lines.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

View attachment 423315

View attachment 423316
Did the floor tom come with those diamond shaped leg mounts? My Cats have the normal 10.5mm leg mounts.

Also - I have replaced the coated Pinstripes with clear Pinstripes this past weekend and got that 24" ride going too. More thump for the bump, more crash for the bash! LOL

Only thing left is to grab impulse buy #2 (DW5520-2) and get it in-line.

Cats & Clear Pins.jpg

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Did the floor tom come with those diamond shaped leg mounts? My Cats have the normal 10.5mm leg mounts.
Yep, this is an older set made in Taiwan, and those are "factory" on this era kit. At home I have information on how the leg mounts not only changed but WHERE they were placed as identifying the era of the Catalina's. While I don't have that here at work, I will try and remember to find it this evening.

Last edited:

CC Cirillo

Reaction score
Last of my weekly rehearsal snare rotation and it’s not a Ludwig—Pearl Sensitone brass. Really nice drum and tunes well low. The die cast hoops add control and thicken the sound. If I want wide open I’ve got a Ludwig brass covering that territory. My Pearl is a thick stew on this winter night.

Pearl snares like this may not have the cache of other brands, but I have to say, for basically the price of a mid tier cymbal stand it is fantastic in build and sound. This is the second very affordable Pearl I’ve owned that’s turned out to be a diamond....
721A9E7D-7A8C-4FC7-A859-BCF4A605F09F.jpeg

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last of my weekly rehearsal snare rotation and it’s not a Ludwig—Pearl Sensitone brass. Really nice drum and tunes well low. The die cast hoops add control and thicken the sound. If I want wide open I’ve got a Ludwig brass covering that territory. My Pearl is a thick stew on this winter night.

Pearl snares like this may not have the cache of other brands, but I have to say, for basically the price of a mid tier cymbal stand it is fantastic in build and sound. This is the second very affordable Pearl I’ve owned that’s turned out to be a diamond....
View attachment 423613
Sweet snare! I have often said that I feel the Sensitones are the single greatest bang for the buck snare across the board, bar none!! And the older Taiwanese made models are some of the nicest snares I ever owned. Not the most expensive, technologically advanced or prestigious, but nicest for sure.

Latest posts