Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I only played Sunday morning this week and it was the same kit as I posted last week (up above) so nothing new there.. BUT I did spend all day Saturday working my way through a "new to me" replacement for my Catalina's that I picked up here from Almamadre. I just basically bought the same kit over again, down to the dang 18" kick and even close to the same color.... I'm weird! Here are a couple of pics from the tuning portion of the day in my shop. I'll post proper pics later as I am using them for a couple of different gigs later this week.

20200118_165707 copy.jpg

20200118_165646 copy.jpg

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Last of my weekly rehearsal snare rotation and it’s not a Ludwig—Pearl Sensitone brass. Really nice drum and tunes well low. The die cast hoops add control and thicken the sound. If I want wide open I’ve got a Ludwig brass covering that territory. My Pearl is a thick stew on this winter night.

Pearl snares like this may not have the cache of other brands, but I have to say, for basically the price of a mid tier cymbal stand it is fantastic in build and sound. This is the second very affordable Pearl I’ve owned that’s turned out to be a diamond....
View attachment 423613
Sensitones are great snares. I'd love to have a brass model, especially one that is 6.5" or 8" deep.

GeeDeeEmm

CC Cirillo

Reaction score

CC Cirillo

Reaction score
Bill’s office, not mine. Where I was last night instead of band camp. Bernstein, Goldings, Stewart at Yoshi’s in Oakland.

Such a stellar player. I think that’s a Black Beauty(?)

I don’t play jazz, but—as I’ve mentioned before—I think drummers like this are some of the apex players of the instrument. Sending much respect to my jazz-playing brothers and sisters.
E21019DF-378F-48CF-A86F-65BA74BD5D8C.png

ThomasL

Reaction score
Bill’s office, not mine. Where I was last night instead of band camp. Bernstein, Goldings, Stewart at Yoshi’s in Oakland.

Such a stellar player. I think that’s a Black Beauty(?)
Do you know if that's a backline snare or his own?

I agree, Bill is my favorite drummer!

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That kit just screams “play me!” Beautiful!

Give us a run down of these gorgeous cymbals please.
So from left to right
All Old As
15" hats " = small stamp at around 1000g over Trans Stamp at about 1400g (bottom is part of a pair of what folks in the know are pretty sure are a pair of band cymbals so I have a mix and match trio of Old A 15s)
20" block stamp (2200ish I think?)
22" block stamp (2500ish)
20" small stamp with rivets (same weight as the other 20, but plays a little "heavier).
If I had a little lighter touch and the hats were a little lighter this would be an amazing set of hard bop cymbals, but they also deliver perfectly on the 60s blues, soul and new orleans funk we're doing

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So from left to right
All Old As
15" hats " = small stamp at around 1000g over Trans Stamp at about 1400g (bottom is part of a pair of what folks in the know are pretty sure are a pair of band cymbals so I have a mix and match trio of Old A 15s)
20" block stamp (2200ish I think?)
22" block stamp (2500ish)
20" small stamp with rivets (same weight as the other 20, but plays a little "heavier).
If I had a little lighter touch and the hats were a little lighter this would be an amazing set of hard bop cymbals, but they also deliver perfectly on the 60s blues, soul and new orleans funk we're doing
Thanks. These old A’s always look amazing. I have an old 22” (50’s) I dearly love. Nothing quite like them.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Had a gig last night with a really great singer and pianist. Was happy to be playing with them because it's always a blast - they are both excellent musicians - but also because 2020 has been pretty slow so far!
Yamaha Beech Custom bop kit (18x12, 12x8, 14x14), Yamaha seamless copper 14x5 snare, Sabian Monarch 14" hats, 18" Evolution crash, Diril 21" Eleven ride, Istanbul Mehmet 21" Legend Dark Ride. Killer setup for lower-volume stuff.
Yamaha Beech Customs birdseye view, 120 Diner, January 2020.JPG
Yamaha Beech Customs at 120 Diner, January 2020.JPG