Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Had a gig last night with a really great singer and pianist. Was happy to be playing with them because it's always a blast - they are both excellent musicians - but also because 2020 has been pretty slow so far!
Yamaha Beech Custom bop kit (18x12, 12x8, 14x14), Yamaha seamless copper 14x5 snare, Sabian Monarch 14" hats, 18" Evolution crash, Diril 21" Eleven ride, Istanbul Mehmet 21" Legend Dark Ride. Killer setup for lower-volume stuff.
How do you like your BC in bop sizes? I have the BC in more "fusion sizes" of 20x15, 12x10 and 14x12 hanging FT, and I love the kit. But I have been wondering about the other BCs out there.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
How do you like your BC in bop sizes? I have the BC in more "fusion sizes" of 20x15, 12x10 and 14x12 hanging FT, and I love the kit. But I have been wondering about the other BCs out there.
Love it. I'm never the best at describing drum tones but it makes me happy every time I play it. It's not quite as high as typical bop-tuning range as I tend to play a bunch of different styles on it (it's my usual kit for my semi-regular church gig) but it still sounds nice and full. The floor tom especially is impressive but there's really no bad drum in the set. Still not sure I love the mustard yellow colour - I might get them wrapped or refinished one day - but they really do sound great.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Opened up for the band Ambrosia last night at a local theater. Other drummer had a nice set of DW’s, an engraved black beauty, and a nice medium heavy old K as a main ride. And then my Thumper nesting kit (which I’ve posted a ton before)
CDC3D1E5-0075-4E21-95CE-C6281B3C44E9.jpeg
AD88F05B-5770-4328-AF45-6E576B42D10E.png
2B08937D-016F-45DC-88CA-48F9FE1EBFC5.jpeg
84AEFED9-44E9-4DC7-903F-F547ECEA6F56.jpeg
96B4F608-5043-4EC6-AFE7-2F74ED48B24E.jpeg
BF72FF6D-8D96-4D86-87DF-4E80957C9D5A.jpeg

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Burleigh Drummond?
Very cool guy, fantastic musician and truly a magnificent drummer.
Yep! He was very courteous and a great player. Wanted to know if his old K was cutting it out front (sounded great). Said he normally doesn’t bring it on tour.

tischrealdrum

Reaction score
I’m curious what was done to those hats and the result in the sound.
He lathed some weight off both cymbals which were originally 970 and 1129. I was aiming to get them closer to 820 and 960 like a pair that he'd lathed down for Tom Killian that sounded great. They were fairly trashy to begin with and retained that, but are a little more crashable and versatile for playing low volumes.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Did a gig at the local library this past Saturday. Pulled out a 1966 Slingy 12/14/18 (real bass!) with a Neil Peart tribute snare (a Slingy mahogany from 1959) I sticker bombed as a nod to the Professor.....the entire kit sounded awesome! Coated ambs on top, Aquarian modern vintage on bottoms, coated amb. bass reso and super kick II batter, snare had modern vintage top and Amb. snare side. Nice deep thud, vintage warm toms and tight poppy snare!
I also got to sit in on a few other bands for a blues jam and funk jam, too......
during band intros, I got the biggest ovation which is awful - I don't want any credit for teaching the kids, and more importantly, I don't want any of their spotlight.......so that was uncomfortable for me. But a great gig overall!

Kit2.jpg
Kit4.jpg
Kit6.jpg
Kit7.jpg

Kit8.jpg

Kit9.jpg

Snare6.jpg

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Did a gig at the local library this past Saturday. Pulled out a 1966 Slingy 12/14/18 (real bass!) with a Neil Peart tribute snare (a Slingy mahogany from 1959) I sticker bombed as a nod to the Professor.....the entire kit sounded awesome! Coated ambs on top, Aquarian modern vintage on bottoms, coated amb. bass reso and super kick II batter, snare had modern vintage top and Amb. snare side. Nice deep thud, vintage warm toms and tight poppy snare!
I also got to sit in on a few other bands for a blues jam and funk jam, too......
during band intros, I got the biggest ovation which is awful - I don't want any credit for teaching the kids, and more importantly, I don't want any of their spotlight.......so that was uncomfortable for me. But a great gig overall!

View attachment 427050
I know some of us here are "younger drummers", but elementary school?
Dang dude! Either your parents REALLY love you, or that paper route is paying off!

….where's my shawl and my walker! ( ;) )

Elvis

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I know some of us here are "younger drummers", but elementary school?
Dang dude! Either your parents REALLY love you, or that paper route is paying off!

….where's my shawl and my walker! ( ;) )

Elvis
Hey, Old Man Elvis, he said adoringly, it's my 11 y.o.'s band. All of us volunteer teachers are old dudes (the head one is a dudette!). My day job funds the boy's guitar rig, among other things, and his Father's extensive percussion collection!
The little guy in green is my younger one & just loves to do the sound checks![/QUOTE]

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Respect your elders, son. ( :laughing5: )
That's actually pretty cool that you're encouraging your kids interest in music.
The Green One looks like a natural! :thumbup:

Bubba Ho-Tep

Latest posts