Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Literally my office. It was a 1 up 2 down kinda day. Our jazz band did a live webcast since our scheduled gig got postponed. So I offered up the warehouse at my office for our gig. I use the space for the blues band since we can practice for hours and hours with full PA and not bother anyone. Seemed like a good a place as any to do a webcast.

One good thing about being a drummer. Built in social distancing. Nobody is getting within 6' of me. LOL We were performing Little Sunflower (Freddie Hubbard) when the vocalist was taking random shots while we were playing. I could see the live-cast on the iPhone. Pretty cool thing to do in these strange times. I notice a lot of other bands doing the same.

JohnnyKonDrums editded.jpg

It was "Live From Johnny's Warehouse." It's like "Like Live From Daryl's House," only dirtier, less scenic (unless you're into skid-steers) and no cooking, except for the music.

Live From Johnnys Warehouse.jpg

Last edited:

CC Cirillo

Reaction score
Out in the jungle.

This is my new self-isolation practice pad, just arrived yesterday from perhaps some of the last shipments from Cascio. Nice Marksman to supplement the Vic Firth pad I’ve had since forever.

However—and this is not Cascio’s fault—the pad arrived with some rough edges on the wood portion. I don’t just mean some cosmetic blemsh. What I mean is I got a sliver from rough wood. This isn’t the sort of thing I’m going to send back, particlarly in these circumstances, but damn, Prologix. The thing even touts “American Made” on the playing surface. Have some pride people.

Anyway, I’m far from handy but 10 minutes with two different grits of sand paper and a coating of Briwax and the thing is a delight to handle.

And to play.

5C9DEF59-3CD6-4F6D-BB74-5A504E31609C.jpeg

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Out in the jungle.

This is my new self-isolation practice pad, just arrived yesterday from perhaps some of the last shipments from Cascio. Nice Marksman to supplement the Vic Firth pad I’ve had since forever.

However—and this is not Cascio’s fault—the pad arrived with some rough edges on the wood portion. I don’t just mean some cosmetic blemsh. What I mean is I got a sliver from rough wood. This isn’t the sort of thing I’m going to send back, particlarly in these circumstances, but damn, Prologix. The thing even touts “American Made” on the playing surface. Have some pride people.

Anyway, I’m far from handy but 10 minutes with two different grits of sand paper and a coating of Briwax and the thing is a delight to handle.

And to play.

View attachment 432871
The urge to play The lion sleeps tonight is just a whim away.....a whim away.....awhimaway, awhimaway, awhimaway, awhimaway..... :icon_lol:
(sorry CC, just couldn't pass that one up. Nice practice pad!)

Elvis

Latest posts