Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wanted to contribute again to one of my favorite threads on this forum: Here’s my makeshift home office. In addition to the pad I’ve added some hats. The purpose here is to get some left foot time working on my off beat chups, particularly on shuffles. I’ve never really been able to do this with any ownership, so I figure if I get one thing out of this Shelter In Place, if I get that skill then I’ve got something to show for being on lockdown since around the Ides of March.

Another interesting phenomenon is putting up all four of my sets of hats to compare them. The 14s: Hollow Logo New Beats; a pair of lightweight Old Beats, some K Custom Darks; and my favorite the 15” K Lights.
Funny how the ears work. Up close and intimate the Old Beats really sound the best, but in a band setting I favor the K Lights. For pure off beat accents, though, I have to say the K Custom Darks are the most chuppalicious.

Another bonus to this set up is I really gave the foot board on Ye Olde Iron Cobra a good cleaning so I can play it barefoot.
4EC31EF5-1ACB-4FD3-AC2B-0318882C4B01.jpeg

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Had to bust out some other drums for practice while the Slingerlands are in the shop.
IMG_20200522_195833976.jpg

8x28, 12x15, 6x14, 22" Medium Thin Low, 19" K Sweet, 15" trans hats

Basically all reject drums. The 15" and 28" we old Ludwig marchers that I converted and the snare was junk until I rescued it.
The wood hoops and big bass sound so big and open and great together. Been playing a 20" for a year or so and it's so fun to play a 28" for a change.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Had to bust out some other drums for practice while the Slingerlands are in the shop.
View attachment 442979

8x28, 12x15, 6x14, 22" Medium Thin Low, 19" K Sweet, 15" trans hats

Basically all reject drums. The 15" and 28" we old Ludwig marchers that I converted and the snare was junk until I rescued it.
The wood hoops and big bass sound so big and open and great together. Been playing a 20" for a year or so and it's so fun to play a 28" for a change.
That is so cool. What’s the sound and volume like on a 8x28 kick compared to, say, a trad 14x20?

m_anderson

Reaction score
Awesome bass drum! I really like the old silver screen movies, and it's so cool to try and make out the drums you see with all of the big bands from that era. I find myself pausing and trying to count the bass drum lugs.

This is just a cool photo I found when searching for "Sock Cymbals".

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome bass drum! I really like the old silver screen movies, and it's so cool to try and make out the drums you see with all of the big bands from that era. I find myself pausing and trying to count the bass drum lugs.

This is just a cool photo I found when searching for "Sock Cymbals".

How cool is that rig!? Just roll the whole thing right off stage after the show!