Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

tombo

Reaction score
I quite like it. It's a no nonsense basic pedal. I only tightened the spring slightly and that's it. I originally bought it to be used as a spare for my old trusty Eliminator but I've had it on the kit since I got it.

tombo

Reaction score
Cool set, what are you using on the SPD-one? Maybe a clap or one of your own samples?
With this band that plays 70s and 80s ”Finnish disco” covers I mostly use it for cheesy tom sounds here and there. It’s a cool gadget but it could be a bit more user friendly. It’s not really easy to switch between sounds between songs with the small dials and such but I guess the bigger multipads are better for that. That model(Electro) fills my needs for now being so small and portable. Basically I mostly goof around with it. :)

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Outdoor office photo taken near the hangars on a decommissioned Nor Cal Air Force base about five minutes from my house. The conguero in the photo is my dear friend whom I met in kindergarten.

We were both going a little batty on our lockdown, and neither of us can play in our homes, so we met up to jam al fresco. I just used my new Maple Classic and K Dark hats, since that cajon he’s playing has a massive bass tone and he, for one, knows how to lay a groove. A good mental exercise to have someone else play the bass drum parts on grooves. This is jam econo.

The old hangars are now offices and this was on a Sunday afternoon. A few people pulled into the lot to roll down their window and listen, calling out thanks as they left. Then the police came a half hour in. They were candidly embarrassed to convey the complaint: Hey You Kids Get Off Of My Aircraft Hangar Parking Lot! In this sort of situation I figure I’m an ambassador for all drummers so I tend to be respectful. Besides, I already had another spot nearby as a backup site. We moved on another five minutes away to the more rural setting I posted earlier. Better choice.

We played there for an hour before it was time to move on to the other obligations of our day. Great to get to see my best friend and play with him. Test the new drum. The hats were new as well. Both Quarantine purchases.
5213EBEB-F0F5-48BC-8C8C-D11639BD6AEF.jpeg

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I do like seeing the lighter, flat based stands with the big cymbals on the yellow maple kit above. One can deduce that the player knows how to hit a cymbal.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Halldor,

Not to take anything away from those fabulous kits of yours, but the little end table intrigues me....is that yours or something the studio provided?
If its yours who's the maker?

Elvis

Rock Salad

Reaction score
6761EE71-F0F5-4A22-A1A3-CE4DA9CF2F13.jpeg

Me on bass, Mark subbing in my spot on the house kit at our regular spot.
Not stoked, but sounding better than as a duo guitar and drums. Hope our bass player can join us again soon.
That's an Epiphone EB-0, that i put a second pickup in, thru a Trace Elliot Elf amp.

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
Halldor,

Not to take anything away from those fabulous kits of yours, but the little end table intrigues me....is that yours or something the studio provided?
If its yours who's the maker?

Elvis
Cheaper than an extra floor tom.

Brian Oheir

Reaction score
Forgive my naïveté, but what is that second hi hat contraption on the far left in the last picture?
it a Junkhat by a company in Nashville, TN called Baldman Percussion. You can mount it various ways. Here it's on a hi hat stand and it creates a really cool swampy stomp/clap type sound. You can also mount it on a snare stand and it is kind of an 808 snare/clap sound.

20200518_143208.jpg

Attachments

Latest posts