Time for your Office Pics! It's been a while.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Tama Club Jam with silent strokes and a heavily-taped Uptown Ride. (The ride is fantastic and will be liberated around the same time I am.)

The setting is in our living room which is now, with remote learning, also my five-year-old’s kindergarten class room. This is the music corner. The Goddess With Whom I Live has actually approved of this set up. It’s small, child friendly, and not too loud. The blue is boy appropriate.

The view of hill directly out of the window often has turkey, does, fawns, and recently a few bucks. An occasional coyote. Sometimes egrets, and I’ve even seen hawks snatch lizards from the stone wall.

What this photo does not show is the heavy smoke from all the Bay Area wild fires.

It’s like Mordor out there.
View attachment 458063
So are you saying that you sometimes have "egrets" over this set up?

Dad Humor since 1989!

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
From a recording session in the NC mountains over the weekend. Every engineer LOVES this kit. It's so nice to hear compliments about how good it sounds. Classic Maples! Smooth white Emperors on toms. And the snares I took with me....

View attachment 458074 View attachment 458075 View attachment 458076
I’ve got CMs as well. Thinking about changing heads. What qualities would you say the smooth white Emperors impart on the toms as compared to the textured?

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
I’ve got CMs as well. Thinking about changing heads. What qualities would you say the smooth white Emperors impart on the toms as compared to the textured?
I had coated Vintage Emps on them, but wanted more stick/attack/punch without sacrificing warmth for this recording. That's what I hear with the smooth whites. A happy medium between coated and clear.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Tama Club Jam with silent strokes and a heavily-taped Uptown Ride. (The ride is fantastic and will be liberated around the same time I am.)

The setting is in our living room which is now, with remote learning, also my five-year-old’s kindergarten class room. This is the music corner. The Goddess With Whom I Live has actually approved of this set up. It’s small, child friendly, and not too loud. The blue is boy appropriate.

The view of hill directly out of the window often has turkey, does, fawns, and recently a few bucks. An occasional coyote. Sometimes egrets, and I’ve even seen hawks snatch lizards from the stone wall.

What this photo does not show is the heavy smoke from all the Bay Area wild fires.

It’s like Mordor out there.
View attachment 458063
There's that ride again....you know, I've got a Paiste flat ride that might pair well with that one......hmmm........
Nice little kit, CC. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
From a recording session in the NC mountains over the weekend. Every engineer LOVES this kit. It's so nice to hear compliments about how good it sounds. Classic Maples! Smooth white Emperors on toms. And the snares I took with me....

View attachment 458074
Green BD beater, to go with the green R&S, to go with the green sparkle... I love it!

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Ptrick,

I heard those old Remo Gold Star kits were pretty heavy.
I never ran across one to check. Is that true?

Elvis

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ptrick,

I heard those old Remo Gold Star kits were pretty heavy.
I never ran across one to check. Is that true?

Elvis
Yes, they are heavy like Sonors. But I think it’s the shell, whereas Sonor probably also the hardware.

Particle board comments aside, Remo drums sound AMAZING. Easily one of the best kits I’ve ever played.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I agree about the sound. Played on one back in '90 and it was just like you say...amazing (maybe glue is the best tone wood of all?)
Thanks for answering my question. =)

Elvis

Latest posts