Tony Williams Drums and other rarities.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Last edited:

icetech

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He's my favorite non rock drummer... I fell in love when i was playing along with stuff and cantaloupe island came up with headphones, there are these little tiny rolls he just tosses in that are almost lost in it.. they are just perfect..

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He's my favorite non rock drummer... I fell in love when i was playing along with stuff and cantaloupe island came up with headphones, there are these little tiny rolls he just tosses in that are almost lost in it.. they are just perfect..
Just noticed there's no hi-hat foot in the first chorus? The bass drum/snare pattern is almost like regular beat pushed back one 8th note. In the piano solo he moves to a regular backbeat on 2 for a while. Very tight bass drum heads.
I need to listen on my good headphones more often :)

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
TONY WILLIAMS plays the DRUMS.
Yes I do play the drums but will never be remembered like THAT Tony Williams. But we all do the best we can. He was one of the greats and practically put a trademark on the name. I'm glad the name Tony W brings drumming to mind.

SKINZ

Reaction score
A fairly obscure album that I LOVE!
I have this as well as some the other vids posted on cd n lp the Word amazing compositions Tony plays.... Bill Laswell Axiom records........ good to practice with :headbang: :glasses1: next to last track is cool just a big groove ala Tony

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Some extended Elvin almost same set as Live At The Lighthouse Lp...
maybe better..(Drums are clearer (and bd doesn't have that extreme rang) Can hear the old K 20 what it really sounded like (normal)

Elvin Jones Quartet - Jazz Workshop, Boston, MASS, January 16, 1973. 1) Sombra 00:00 2) I'm a Fool to Want You 20:05 3) New Moon 35:26 4) Children's Merry-Go-Round 46:02 5) Intros 53:31 Elvin Jones - drums Gene Perla - bass Steve Grossman - sopr sax, flute Dave Liebman - tenor sax