Too Soon? Portnoy Playing Rush Songs on Toy Drums Seems Disrespectful

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure how to feel about this. I mean it's no secret that Neil was a huge influence on portnoy's playing. And that they were friends, so I dont think mike would try to be disrespectful. And in his own way I'm sure Neil would find some humor in this, as anybody whose read any of Neil's books knows that he has a strange sense if humor. However I do feel that if portnoy had done a drumming tribute on a regular size kit it wouldn't feel disrespectful but more appropriate.
When's the Neil Peart tribute concert happening?? That would be very cool. Sorta like a Neil Peart version of the "Burning for Buddy" that Peart put together back in the 90s.

gmiller598

Reaction score
I think I'm just some guy who never met the man and only listened to his music so I'm not in a position to judge if anything was disrespectful about it.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Some in this world are Men or at least aspire to be and then there is a whole class that never progressed past the juvenile stage, playing video games, watching the Simpsons, wearing Chuck Taylors and concert Ts.

This class of Male you just ignore.
You forgot Dungeons and Dragons. Now watch the vitriol and turds fly. Judas Priest