Took the Blue Oysters on a gig!

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This gig was a retro-themed corporate event for a company that makes specialty vehicles like airport runway sweepers, food trucks & ice cream trucks. The waitresses were on roller skates & a duo from the Cirque de Soleil did a crazy roller skate number. We had a bunch of classic 60's stuff that's not in our bar set. I brought all new-to-me Zildjians: 70's New Beats, 80's 17" paper thin crash, 18" 60's A medium crash & a 20" 60's A ride that has lots of wash & a strong bell. That was the cherry on the sundae! The 18" 60's A medium crash is way heavier than anything I normally play, but there's this thing going on, a slow motion "woooosh" that's very Ringo-esque. Now I'm tempted to pick up a medium thin 60's A that I've been looking at in a pawnshop for the last 2 years. The 80's 17" paper thin crash (brilliant finish) is more "modern" sounding & gets along better with my HHXs.

As for the Luddies, well they just sound uber classic, like they should. I don't even have words for the Supersensitive.....I have never felt so connected to a snare so fast!
Melvis Brise-Glace.jpg

fishaa

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m really close to starting a go-fund-me for your proper logo head.
This kit is screaming for it!!!

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m really close to starting a go-fund-me for your proper logo head.
This kit is screaming for it!!!
I actually got given a proper 60's Weather Master front head with period correct logo and it is now living on the Champagne Sparkle kit. I kind of ended up with a whole collection at once right at gigging season so I'll deal with one pressing matter at a time LOL