Tool for airvent and name tag rivet

Autodidact

Reaction score
Could you give feedback on, I have Slingerland early eighties full tour kit all finishes have separated from shells I'm looking to replace finish(wrap)but iam stuck with name of tool replace and removal of rivet that's holds name and serial number plate as also acts as an air vent holding me to a rest and complete stop where would i purchase such a tool with new rivets of course of the same size.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I believe op is asking where to get new air vents and tool to install them.

rstange1

Reaction score
I don't know where to buy the grommet, but this is the technique and perhaps everything came from the hardware store?

Autodidact

Reaction score
What is the tool called and where to get hand tool for installing air vents on slingerland drums rivet tool for Installing air hole rivets?

vintagemore2000

DFO Star
Reaction score
You can get the Slingerland aluminum grommets from chicago Drum Company Jim Moritz is a top notch guy, I think he has the tool as well.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't know where to buy the grommet, but this is the technique and perhaps everything came from the hardware store?

Wait. Is this a late April Fools joke?

There is no need to slit the back of the grommet. If it it too long then cut it shorter but what that guy did is one of the dumber things I have seen.