header.nohb.html

Tool's Danny Carey arrested for assault!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry , calling folks faggotts is horrible .
Nothing holier than thou .

Also , I don’t think it’s holier than thou to find it bad to use status to try and get out of trouble ….

No apologies for my judgement.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry , calling folks faggotts is horrible .
Nothing holier than thou .

Also , I don’t think it’s holier than thou to find it bad to use status to try and get out of trouble ….

No apologies for my judgement.

I made the same judgement on him pulling the "do you know who I am" card, but honestly @BBeyer could be right on how that actually came up. The video is really hard to hear.

Stone Wilcoxon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We can barely make out what even happened here.. but for you guys that assume he’s pulling the celebrity card to try and get away with a crime…. All I hear is him saying “I’m the drummer from tool, you know from tool!!” As if he was trying to explain to them why he was in town and how he was doing what he always dreamed of (I think I heard him say that)
Seems like they were just like “ok buddy who the F are you anyway, and he was just like, I play in a fairly famous band called tool..
DC seems like one of the nicest people around, and crap like this can happen to anyone.
Danny walked into Explorers, the Kansas City drum shop, one day a couple of years ago while I was there. He went to the University of Missouri/Kansas City Conservatory with the guy who owns the drum shop, and often stops in when he's in town. I spent a good 20 minutes shooting the bull with him and a couple other guys. No ego. No celebrity baloney. This whole incident does not jibe with the guy I met. Quite unfortunate.

Last edited:

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
I just lost any respect I had for him , because he was trying to use his rock star status to get a pass . And did I hear an officer tell him “ don’t start crying “ ?
He's sure going to cry himself to sleep when he learns this.

Where did he try and get a pass? You can hear him say what sounds like the drummer of Tool but because of the cut in the video just before it there's zero context. Most of what he said there was largely inaudible or impossible to understand even through headphones and listening multiple times. Maybe your ears are better than mine though.

If he happens to be a member of DFO incognito, he'll be too ashamed to ever log in again after realising how many pure as the driven snow members like your good self on here are judging him for one apparently drunken interaction with what looks like some fairly aggressive law enforcement officers in a cut up video. And the other accusations of assault and name calling, in a report obtained by TMZ with the word allegedly used in another article means it has to be true, doesn't it?

Good on him for playing Fire with the kids though. He looked amused when announced as the Rolling Stone magazine 26th drummer of all time and seemed to be having a ball playing with them. Although in reality he's probably even more of an arse for pushing the regular drummer out of their moment to shine. Screw him, let's whack a negative slant on that too :).

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people are just having a bit of fun..this will be like water off of a duck's back for him and he will probably receive as much good natured razzing from his friends and band mates..I know my buds would let me have it if I got hammered and made a fool of myself in public..he's not a victim in this, after all..

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well mess , I feel like an idiot now .
I’ve since read that he’s a really cool guy .
I’ll eat a huge plate of crow on this one guys . Need to give benefit of doubt here . it is entirely plausible the officers were being total dicks ……

They homophobic slurs I heard about got me wound up as I have gay family and friends.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whole thing may have been staged .

Successfully

dale w miller

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've noticed something about drunks. Getting older seems to go hand in hand with being a worse drunk. I don't know why, maybe it's that higher tolerance is an illusion, and even though you don't "feel" as drunk, your decisions become worse with every additional drink you think you can handle.
As a son of an alcoholic, I cannot agree with this anymore. My mother was a great mom raising me and she was a great mom in the last 10 years of her life sober. But those years when I was 30-40 was utter hell. She almost killed herself twice doing nothing but drink vodka 3-4 days straight. It took 4 stints in rehab and divorcing my stepfather for her to finally straighten out. She was once again a great mom and more than anything an amazing grandmother.

Last edited:

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have always hated what too much alcohol does to people. I loved my uncle more than my own father, but unfortunately I had to watch him get hammered every weekend at the cottage, and turn into a different man.

Mn02

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be judged based on my worst day, and I try not to do the same to others. Hairstyles on aging rockers is another matter.

dale w miller

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be judged based on my worst day, and I try not to do the same to others. Hairstyles on aging rockers is another matter.

Some people I see I say to myself, "Do you look at yourself in the mirror?"

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Some people I see I say to myself, "Do you look at yourself in the mirror?"
And they could be saying the same to themselves about you.

People who don't get it don't get that they don't get it, including us too sometimes.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
It's a thing only because he's well known. Otherwise, no one would care.
Even if it was a random Joe Schmoe, I don't see why the police were involved at all. Have we gotten so soft that being poked in the chest requires government goon intervention? And name calling? Wow. If it's true and you don't like it, then do some soul searching and fix yourself to your own standards. If it's not true, then laugh because the idiot can't even insult you properly.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
TMZ is really getting beaten up here. Although their TV show is silly, it is nonetheless headed up by a lawyer(Harvey Levin) and is a legitimate news source. I worked with the people at TMZ TV for a few years. In fact, every newsmagazine-type show has lawyers in the control room watching, because one big lawsuit will bury most shows.

Dan

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if it was a random Joe Schmoe, I don't see why the police were involved at all. Have we gotten so soft that being poked in the chest requires government goon intervention? And name calling? Wow. If it's true and you don't like it, then do some soul searching and fix yourself to your own standards. If it's not true, then laugh because the idiot can't even insult you properly.

The law is the law.
It is Battery to poke someone in the chest.
If you just threaten to poke them, it can be construed as Assault.
There are levels and he has obviously crossed the lines.
If the law offends you, work to change it.
Until it is changed, it is what it is.
As to calling policemen “government goon intervention” … … …

Status
Not open for further replies.