Top Hat and Cane set Sold and delivered this last weekend

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Donn B in Seattle ended up buying the set that I was selling for some relatives. He now gets to enjoy playing them while still keeping them for sale on his site. My relatives got money in hand. I got a good middle man compensation from the family. Was a WIN, WIN, WIN situation.
I even drove the set over to him in person and got a nice weekend road trip out of it.

Will miss having the snare around to play from time to time, it sounded so freaking good at all tensions, but now I don't have to worry about what could have happened to the set should my basement had flooded or a fire or some other accident.

P2030089.jpg

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Way to go! It's been quite a journey for you. I wished I could have seen them in the flesh before they went, but it sounds like everything turned out nicely.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Hey Lane, you could have played them any time you had wanted, just had to ask.
Well you have no shortage of great sets to play, enjoy the summer.

sazemanek1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m sure you’ll miss this gorgeous set, but I’ll bet the $40,000 you got for it will make that pain fade away pretty quick.

campbellh

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Donn B in Seattle ended up buying the set that I was selling for some relatives. He now gets to enjoy playing them while still keeping them for sale on his site. My relatives got money in hand. I got a good middle man compensation from the family. Was a WIN, WIN, WIN situation.
I even drove the set over to him in person and got a nice weekend road trip out of it.

Will miss having the snare around to play from time to time, it sounded so freaking good at all tensions, but now I don't have to worry about what could have happened to the set should my basement had flooded or a fire or some other accident.

View attachment 447743
Awesome set! I have a TH&C snare and that took me many years to find! Congrats; glad it worked out for you and your family.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
That set is just stunning! Happy to hear that something that significant is working out well for all concerned.

sazemanek1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think so. That was me fishing. These sets will top out at $25,000, if anyone wants to spend that, for a paperweight in their basement, for an 80 year old set, that no one will ever play. It’s amazing, just because of a 1/16” wrap, and that’s all it comes down too, people go gaga over it. The same set in any other wrap sells for $2,000. If, and I stress IF, anyone wants an 80 year old set. I’ve yet to see any top hat & cane sell. Good for YOU. I’m glad your family got a payday from somebody that was enamored. You’ll see that set on the market for the next ten years. SAZ

cwdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice, finally got them into the right hands. Well done! I remember you bringing over one of the toms to show me just how beautiful the wrap and condition were in. Lane, hope all is well with you and the family.
Coy

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice, finally got them into the right hands. Well done! I remember you bringing over one of the toms to show me just how beautiful the wrap and condition were in. Lane, hope all is well with you and the family.
Coy
Thanks Coy. I hope all's well with you too. Maybe we can catch up when all this crap is over.

abryantp

Reaction score
Gorgeous set! The highest I've personally ever seen A Ludwig top hat and cane set was just over $7000. And that was when there was an actual market for this sort of set. You can probably count the individuals on one hand who would have interest/be willing to fork over that sort of cash for a set like this (at least in the U.S). So if you got anything over, I would feel very very happy! A true time piece. Congrats and thank you for sharing.