Trap case tray repair

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Brothers and sisters, let me begin by saying I am among the world's least handy men. I have a trap case or maybe two (the fiber type) that have tray inserts with broken hooks so they won't stay mounted inside the case. What kind of hooks were used originally and where might one get replacements? How difficult is it to install new ones and what's required? I know y'all will have the answers. Thanks, in advance.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an old fiber trap case at home that I got from forum member Dusty Rogers (R.I.P.) he was an auto repair guy and Rogers collector, anyways when he past I bought a Rogers bass drum from his son and girlfriend, when I went to pick it up they had a trap case sitting on the front porch, when I was leaving they said "Please take that trap case if you have room in the truck for it" Well the bass drum was sold later on but I still have the trap case....Long story short he had rivited some sort of clamp on the tray to better hold up. I'll take a pic this weekend. If I remember it looked like something you'd find at home depot and just would need a rivet gun.

Latest posts