Travis Barker Hits the Hospital

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Before I get jumped on for starting rumors or being insensitive, let me state I’ve been in the medical field for 15 years. Pancreatitis after a colonoscopy is next to unheard of.

I just hope the guy gets better. He’s been through a lot.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Travis is the singer???

Now, sources have told TMZ the Blink 182 singer has pancreatitis, or an inflamed pancreas. The pancreas is a gland on the left side of the abdomen that secretes enzymes that help break down food. It also helps regulate blood sugar, according to Hopkins Medicine.

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Travis is the singer???

Now, sources have told TMZ the Blink 182 singer has pancreatitis, or an inflamed pancreas. The pancreas is a gland on the left side of the abdomen that secretes enzymes that help break down food. It also helps regulate blood sugar, according to Hopkins Medicine.
Lol…journalism.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Best wishes to him. I know he was the inspiration for a lot of kids picking up sticks

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My big brother had a 5 days ICU stint because of a pancreatitis of sudden and unexplained origin about a year ago. Apparently it wasn't a walk in the park.

I sure hope TB gets out of this Okay. I may not be a Blink fan but I get that he's an icon and inspiration for many. He's still one of the most important drumming ambassador of the last 20 years. Over-priced broken boomboxes sales nothwithstanding.

CC Cirillo

DFO Master
Reaction score
A very dear friend and bandmate from multiple bands across decades used to get pancreatitis every few years and end up in the hospital for days. Ultimately he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Because of the pancreatic inflammation he was constantly watched and they caught the cancer early enough that he survived.

Yeah, no joke of an illness.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Travis is the singer???

The pancreas produces insulin through structures called islets if langerhans.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very dear friend and bandmate from multiple bands across decades used to get pancreatitis every few years and end up in the hospital for days. Ultimately he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Because of the pancreatic inflammation he was constantly watched and they caught the cancer early enough that he survived.

Yeah, no joke of an illness.
I understand the survival rate for pancreatic cancer is very small.

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Travis had an endoscopy, not a colonoscopy. The doctor cut out a polyp and nicked a pancreas drainage tube causing pancreatitis.
It happens. When I had my appendix removed laparoscopically the surgeon nicked an artery without realizing it and I nearly bled-out internally in the recovery room. A transfusion and a hasty second surgery to repair the artery saved my life.

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It happens. When I had my appendix removed laparoscopically the surgeon nicked an artery without realizing it and I nearly bled-out internally in the recovery room. A transfusion and a hasty second surgery to repair the artery saved my life.
Holy cow, man! Glad you pulled through…that is scary!

dale w miller

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I understand the survival rate for pancreatic cancer is very small.
It is for sure. My mother-in-law lasted almost 10 months and that the doctor said was extremely long. He also said her alcoholism was a huge part of it.

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

NOT pancreatic cancer.
Right, but can be fatal if left unchecked. And sometimes even when it’s checked. Dale and I were just talking about people we know who had PC. Pretty sure Travis has another good year left in him ;) Dude going through that horrible plane crash is one tragedy too many as it is.