Trigger Finger surgery on Tuesday

Dave H.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am having surgery to release trigger finger on my right ring finger this comming Tuesday. Short out patient surgery at the local VA hospital.This is kind of like carpal tunnel surgery but on the the finger instead of the wrist. Supposed ot only be a week or 10 days recovery so I should be back to druming by early August.

Da' Slaw Meister

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
Slaw man, you'll be glad you did it! A good buddy of mine had the procedure done and it gave him permanent relief from the symptom. Best of luck, speedy recovery.

John

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score
I guess that's what I'll be looking at. I had the cortisone shot, which was a little relief for a while, but now it's worse. It's not a big deal with drumming, but I have to grip stuff at work.

Good luck with that, Dave ... hope it takes.

Dave H.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I hear Ya' Bill, had the shot & it did no good. :rolleyes: Told the doctor that cortisone does NOT work for me but it is the VA way or the highway. :idea1:

Slaw Meister :occasion5:

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
good luck dave. hope all goes well!

mike

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had the surgery about nine years ago. Really no big deal and the problem disappeared and never returned.

Good luck!

Steve

Crazy 8s Drums

Reaction score
If you have an itchy trigger finger on Wednesday, that means the surgery worked. Hide the checkbook and the ammunition. :twisted:

Drum Kat

Honorary DFO Ambassador
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo, Dave! Break a leg Tues. I had a good buddy that had the surgery done on both hands and he said it was the smartest thing he ever did. The cortisone didn't work for him either, so surgery was the only out. If you act pitiful enough, you might get some pampering :) Keep us informed on how it all goes and how you're feeling. ~K

kevinnorris

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's the next step for my trigger finger of the thumb.
My last cortisone shot was two years ago, but I've switched jobs since then.
Best of luck with your surgery !!

Dave H.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well heading out to have my surgery, just want to say THANK YOU for all the good wishes. Can't wait to get back to playing music.
We really need to have another Forum Fest this fall! Love to hang out with my drum friends.

Your friend,
Dave Huffman

Dave H.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well, survived the surgery but the good drugs are wearing off. Finger hurts like hell but doing pretty good. Thanks to all! :notworthy:

Dave"Slaw Man" Huffman :occasion5: