Tru Tuner...discuss. : )

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Glad to see my idea from Jr High come to life. Not that I think it's a good idea today, lol, but I always wondered if a solution to turn all the lugs at once could be developed. Now I see that it is possible, and I'm glad I didn't sink my life savings into it.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have one, bought it at NAMM on a whim. I'll say, when it works it's great and quick. But, it does take some practice to get all the keys lined up the same way and into the correct holes for it to spin freely. They were at the Chicago drum show and I had them give me some pointers which helped. In general I only use it when I'm changing all my heads at once, not if I'm doing a single drum.

Drm1979

Reaction score
I saw this and thought the concept was cool but just couldn't see myself using it. Been playing and tuning drums for 25 years and never even thought about needing something like this. Plus I just feel it wouldn't be accurate to get the head in tune with itself.

bernard

Reaction score
New to me and maybe others.
Sure, that's fair.

It seems the first thread on DF is from 2012, an even then it seems no one understood why it was needed: