Tuning a snare to a perfect 4th with a Tune-bot

scottpep

Reaction score
Here is another quick video I made on tuning my snare to a perfect 4th with the tune bot as well. I seemed to have pretty good results on it and it sounds amazing in the room. Lots of body and a nice crack. I find it let the overtones show just enough to give the snare some character and not be too dry.

Ptrick

Reaction score
Ya, that sounds great. I mistakenly thought your other video was you tuning the toms to perfect 4th intervals between each individual drum, not top bottom. Guess I should have watched the whole thing!

scottpep

Reaction score
I'll work out the white balance and lighting next time. That video looks pretty bad haha. Just a standard Evans 300 on the bottom. Any basic snare reso should work. I have the Evans Power Center on the top. It has that little white circle in the top. I prefer a more dry sound in my playing. I lean towards coated heads, often a dual ply but I do like the feel of a single.

purity

Reaction score
Really nice video. I just gave it a try on my snare and really liked the results.

I've seen a lot of your videos on YouTube over the years but never realized that you were a forum member. Thanks for uploading all the good stuff.

Latest posts