header.nohb.html

Turkish Cymbals "INDe"

bdlp_r

Reaction score
have you played those IRL? As I understand they're made by Istanbul Mehmet so to my ears they have lots of the same character. A little glassy. Not a fan of that sound myself but lots of people love Mehmet's

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you played those IRL? As I understand they're made by Istanbul Mehmet so to my ears they have lots of the same character. A little glassy. Not a fan of that sound myself but lots of people love Mehmet's
I want them a little glassy . I have a set of K Custom dark spc Dry that covers my cymbals sound horrible sound ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ang

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Turkish brand is owned and crafted by Istanbul Mehmet. I'm not as fond of the Turkish lines as they are designed to appeal to a different audience from the Mehmet's but thier build quality is of course wonderful.

I have 2 of Turkish Classic Soul crashes (a 17" and 19") mixed in with my Mehmet Nostalgia's and it's a complimentary blend for sure! But the Classic Soul line is all I have really like so far for my taste. Bought from INDe as well.

slinginit

Shake, bump, and shake again...
Reaction score
Big fan of INDe drums (1 kit; 2 snares) and have purchased INDe hardware to retrofit on my Slings.

It's interesting that Josh is using the older business model where a drum company would pair with a cymbal company for distribution. Very cool.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the Turkish brand is owned and crafted by Istanbul Mehmet. I'm not as fond of the Turkish lines as they are designed to appeal to a different audience from the Mehmet's but thier build quality is of course wonderful.

I have 2 of Turkish Classic Soul crashes (a 17" and 19") mixed in with my Mehmet Nostalgia's and it's a complimentary blend for sure! But the Classic Soul line is all I have really like so far for my taste. Bought from INDe as well.
Thanks for the info on these. Can you give an idea of what's fundamentally different between the Mehmet cymbals and the Turkish cymbals?

larold

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Drum Center of Portsmouth also carries Turkish now, with videos available.

bdlp_r

Reaction score
I read/heard in a few sources, and also observed in my own Mehmet cymbals that they seem to have a little pneumatic hammer work going in their cymbals, Paiste-style. They are mixing hand hammering with semi-machine hammering. I don't know to what extent and I don't know if they do that for all their lines. Not a bad idea, they have to preserve their artisans bodies and have more efficient work... and have a more even manufacturing output with less dogs. Maybe the manufacturing is a little different in "Turkish" lines to justify the lower price? I don't know but those cymbals have a little more experimental sounds than the standard Mehmet fare. Some are nearly identical though. Like the Sahra vs. Cappadocia.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
You might be right about the machine hammering, but I doubt it's on every line -- probably mostly the "modern" end of their offerings. I have an Origin Dark ride and it doesn't seem machine hammered at all.

Plaid Sabbath

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve checked out quite a few of the demo vids. If you go to the INDe website and browse the different models there are more vids than their YT page.

Actually thinking about this little set. Sounds pretty good for smaller sizes. Starting out from scratch so I need a small set of tins to get my chops back in shape.

GretschMan61

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I got to play a few of the Turkish cymbals at Josh’s booth at the Chicago Show and was very impressed with these cymbals . They are great value and sound really nice . There were quite a few cymbals that I could definitely see myself playing gigs with . Fortunately I flew to the show so could not bring back a bunch of cymbals (I already had a snare to bring back )