TV Theme Songs

Snowdog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cheesy show (great chemistry between the lead characters though) but a fun theme tune.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
I totally love that this thread is suddenly diving into incidental and library music!

Of course, they'll say that the best incidental music doesn't draw attention to itself. But I'll add that some of the VERY BEST incidental music, in fact, gets in your head like a favorite hook and you even hum it, away from the TV.

I find myself counting how many themes I can think of which were used as the incidental music from Gilligan's Island. Those cues often depended on the season, but became quite familiar depending on which character or situation was being set-up, or even which guest star was appearing. Vito Scotti's character, Dr Boris Balinkoff had his own theme song. Every dance party on the island was always the same tune too.

Wonderful Cache of Gilligan's Island Incidental Music on YouTube

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Canadia TV show from my yoot .

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Godfather of all themes, Mr. Lenny Pickett:

You dirty bum! You beat me to it! LOL! Lenny's a God!! Anyhow how about the blast-ass saxophone unison on CBS' "Cagney and Lacey" and CBS had a news magazine show with the Rippingtons' Jeff Kashiwa on the sax?

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You dirty bum! You beat me to it! LOL! Lenny's a God!! Anyhow how about the blast-ass saxophone unison on CBS' "Cagney and Lacey" and CBS had a news magazine show with the Rippingtons' Jeff Kashiwa on the sax?
Rippingtons-"Highroller" is the tune. I assume you're a huge saxophone fan too. I got stuck with the drums, my brother beat me to the sax by 11 months!

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr Dressup, yup, the Kangaroo one, nope can't remember that one , but I do recall the original Flying Doctor and of course this one -