Two 26" Soultone crash/rides for sale + case LOWERED PRICE 6/23/2020

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
This is an update to an earlier for sale. The original post did not offer shipping and was restricted to a narrow geographical area. This one offers free shipping to the lower 48. Price for both cymbals plus bag sized to accommodate them is $650 shipped or $600 $575 shipped or $500 if you will be in the Orlando-Daytona Beach Central Florida area and pick them up locally. Paypal only please (and I will eat the fees.)

Gram weights are in the descriptions; video with sound files as soon as I can make it.

Condition: played, but still in new condition. A patina is developing on each of them. Both are B20 bronze, and were hand made in Turkey. The hammering and lathing patterns are very distinct, and it's relatively easy to tell the difference between these and the machine made cymbals offered by Zildjian, Paiste and Sabian (although Sabian also offers some amazing hand crafted/hand hammered cymbals).

When examining the photos use the bass drum in them as a reference. It's a 20" diameter drum, so you can truly get an idea regarding just how big these cymbals are.

The 26 inch cymbals in this set are two of the loudest crash cymbals you can possibly imagine! If you are a rock drummer who wants to be heard, these are all you need. However, not only are these crashable, they are also rideable. While each of the large crash/ride cymbals is the same gigantic 26 inches in diameter, they have two distinctly different personalities. The custom is the most crashable of the two, while the Latin model can easily hold its own in the crash department, it is also an articulate ride cymbal.

These are versatile and can fit a variety of musical styles depending on how they are used. Both cymbals have wide dynamic ranges. In an acoustic jazz piano trio setting using 7A sticks you can actually play under the piano and also not overwhelm the bass. In an electric blues setting both cymbals are great crash/rides, and in a loud rock setting they are the loudest crash cymbals on the planet. Well, that may be exaggerating, but they are definitely LOUD.

Included is a cymbal bag that will hold these behemoths and the other two cymbals in this set, so you don't have to worry about how you're going to safely transport them to gigs.

Here is the rundown on each of the them:

Soultone Cymbals CST-CRR26 - 26" Custom Crash Ride. This is a very light cymbal that weighs in at 3251 grams and is actually bendable. There is a lot of edge wobble, even when you are not laying into it. Playing towards the edge provides a lot of wash, but still there is decent articulation. As you move towards the center there is a lot of roar and it becomes more difficult to control. Near the bell control is a lot easier and it also projects more.

The bell is surprisingly loud considering that it's not overly large. It sustains for literally minutes even when struck at P or PP, and striking it at FF to FFF is deafening. I tested it mainly with sticks, but also with various mallets ranging from hard to fluffier felt. It does crescendos and decrescendos beautifully. It is very responsive to brushes too.

Soultone Cymbals LTN-CRR26 - 26" Latin Crash Ride. This one weighs in at 3311 grams.
The Latin is not as bendable as the Custom, but definitely has flex, and when being played, the edge wobble is close to the Custom series ride. It has a decent bell, and like most handmade Turkish cymbals has a lot of sustain. This model is very articulate with less over and undertones.
clsoultone1.jpg

clsoultonecover.jpg

clsoultone2.jpg
clsoultone3.jpg

clsoultone5.jpg

clsoultone6.jpg

clsoultone7.jpg

Last edited:

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Sound file. I just cannot get the cymbals sounding in video they way that they sound to my ears. It was shot on a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A51), which has a decent camera and plays music via bluetooth with superb fidelity.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
One more thing: I can do the $500/local pickup offer for any location off I-95 from Daytona Beach to exit 33 off I-95 in Coosawhatchie, SC.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Holy cow! That's a lot of bronze.
LOL. Yes it is! Interestingly, the two of my cymbals weigh in combined around 6562 grams and the single 26 inch Zildjian offered elsewhere in this sub forum comes in at 5455 grams. Not nearly as crashable as either of mine, bit it is probably a lot nicer for big band and other genres where a ping is important. I will say that carrying my two 26 inchers with no other cymbals in the bag will build muscles. Damn heavy.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'll be traveling to Summerville, SC on August 15. I can deliver anywhere off I-95 from Daytona Beach, FL to Walterboro, SC (exit 53) for $500 for the set plus case. I will also be in the vicinity of Charleston during the period 15-16 August. Basically you are getting two 26 inch hand hammered cymbals for $250 each with a case to accommodate them for free. I am willing to consider Dream Bliss and Dream Vintage Bliss cymbals as a trade or partial trade.

Stopping in Savannah or Hilton Head is not out of the question.

Not looking for cymbals? I can also deliver this Slingerland kit for $650 along the same route.

Latest posts