header.nohb.html

Two music stores today

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
On a run down to Maryland to meet up with someone who sold me a partial Rogers set, I decided to stop on the way back at the local Guitar Center and Music Go Round stores.

I’ve posted before about my dissatisfaction with Guitar Center (as many of us have), but this particular one had a lot going for it in the drum department. Over two dozen sets on display, and a decent array of cymbals available. Some of the used sets and snares seemed like good deals (although one used snare drum that’s listed as 14x4 is absolutely a 13” drum), so it was nice to see a GC where drumming is alive and well.

4631330C-6758-4156-8AFA-2DF48E65CA60.jpeg

Then stopped at Music Go Round. Hadn’t been to this one before, but they had a lot of decent deals. I only took one picture, or a Premier set that seemed especially tempting:

F73C1F41-1801-4862-B17F-44D8E8419D70.jpeg

There was a K Dry Light ride for a great price…but it was big on the “dry” and not so much on the “light” so I passed.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a run down to Maryland to meet up with someone who sold me a partial Rogers set, I decided to stop on the way back at the local Guitar Center and Music Go Round stores.

I’ve posted before about my dissatisfaction with Guitar Center (as many of us have), but this particular one had a lot going for it in the drum department. Over two dozen sets on display, and a decent array of cymbals available. Some of the used sets and snares seemed like good deals (although one used snare drum that’s listed as 14x4 is absolutely a 13” drum), so it was nice to see a GC where drumming is alive and well.

View attachment 560732

Then stopped at Music Go Round. Hadn’t been to this one before, but they had a lot of decent deals. I only took one picture, or a Premier set that seemed especially tempting:

View attachment 560733

There was a K Dry Light ride for a great price…but it was big on the “dry” and not so much on the “light” so I passed.
Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a GC with that many kits on display. Nice.

Ghostin one

Reaction score
I bet it's a early '90's Projector in Red Inferno. I don't remember if the XPKs (also lacquer) had a black interior, but they were a different red stain color from these.

Projector: "...three plies of select Finnish birch, with German beech reinforced bearing edges"

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
That sketchy flooring is a slip-and-fall lawsuit wrapped in a bow.
View attachment 560740
Always the turd in the punchbowl.

:p

Wish my "local" GC looked like that. It's 4 hours away like any other piece of civilization (yeah, my decision to live here) and the last time I was there they had maybe 5 kits and a Roadshow set up in a closed room for the showroom floor rock stars.

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 560732

View attachment 560733

I saw that Premier Cabria online. it's a good deal for a lacquered kit.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw that Premier Cabria online. it's a good deal for a lacquered kit.
I thought this would be a pre-Cabria era set, and the shells inside don’t look like the Cabria shells I’ve seen (even owned a set for a short time). I think they are a better set than that.

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I thought this would be a pre-Cabria era set, and the shells inside don’t look like the Cabria shells I’ve seen (even owned a set for a short time). I think they are a better set than that.
The badge gives it away, they're late 90's but still the same shell composition as the late 80's XPK - merranti and euculuptus.

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
Went to guitar center yesterday. Drum department looked like Mars music right before they closed. No employees to be seen. Helped myself behind the counter. Use to be several drummers competing with gospel chops. Saw Billy Cobham perform to 20 people in the early 00's there. Kids aren't playing instruments in the same numbers. Do my best to shop at small businesses. Sad state of affairs.

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they're British-era Cabrias. That's the thing.

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alrighty then, I’ll take your word for it. What are the telltales?
As best as I can see, the badge says Made in England. Also, the long lugs were Cabria by that point. One thing that's blowing my mind is that there appear to be gaskets under them lugs, which I've never seen on Cabrias. We need @Elvis to take a look.