Two of my dream synths

apcpa2000

Very well Known Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
630
Reaction score
14
Location
South Florida
Very cool. I currently have a Sub37 and love it, though I don't get to play it enough.
 

flamthrower

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
103
Reaction score
18
I bought a used Access Virus C that I use with a foot pedal controller playing bass. I actually like the moog sounds of the Virus digital creations of analog sounds better than the older moogs. I had a Moog Taurus pedal for years that I thought sounded very good and unique but to me became limited. I just got tired of it and was a bit heavy and bulky. I sold it to get the Virus. The demos I've heard of Dave Smith stuff I think is top notch. Waldorf just came out with the new Quantum that costs an arm and a leg. Wonder how that thing sounds.
 

Pounder

DFO Master
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
11,766
Reaction score
297
Location
Norman, OK
I recently got a Moog Minitaur, and tried it out at a jam last week. I dig it, it is a great-sounding synth and feel the Moog quality is top-notch; however was disappointed with the upper range (they capped it at an upper bass range). Great bass sounds from it though.

I wonder about the sequencer on the DS Prophet Rev2: I also have a Poly Evolver keyboard; only 4 voices but otherwise a very deep synth! It has a sixteen step sequencer with I think around 4 routing possibilities per step, and wonder how similar or different it is from the Prophet Rev2 sequencer.
 

dunnenrb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2013
Messages
315
Reaction score
36
Location
Charlottesville, VA
apcpa2000 said:
Very cool. I currently have a Sub37 and love it, though I don't get to play it enough.
Moog hit it out of the park with this one. Someday I'd love to own a Model D or Voyager, but the Sub/Subsequent is such a solid piece of gear that I can take to gigs and not worry about.
 

dunnenrb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2013
Messages
315
Reaction score
36
Location
Charlottesville, VA
flamthrower said:
I bought a used Access Virus C that I use with a foot pedal controller playing bass. I actually like the moog sounds of the Virus digital creations of analog sounds better than the older moogs. I had a Moog Taurus pedal for years that I thought sounded very good and unique but to me became limited. I just got tired of it and was a bit heavy and bulky. I sold it to get the Virus. The demos I've heard of Dave Smith stuff I think is top notch. Waldorf just came out with the new Quantum that costs an arm and a leg. Wonder how that thing sounds.
I haven't spent much time with the DS - the Moog is just too much fun. I loved the way the Prophet 8 sounded and this is a nice upgrade on that. The Quantum looks amazing..Don't know if I'll ever afford tho ha!
 

dunnenrb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2013
Messages
315
Reaction score
36
Location
Charlottesville, VA
Pounder said:
I recently got a Moog Minitaur, and tried it out at a jam last week. I dig it, it is a great-sounding synth and feel the Moog quality is top-notch; however was disappointed with the upper range (they capped it at an upper bass range). Great bass sounds from it though.

I wonder about the sequencer on the DS Prophet Rev2: I also have a Poly Evolver keyboard; only 4 voices but otherwise a very deep synth! It has a sixteen step sequencer with I think around 4 routing possibilities per step, and wonder how similar or different it is from the Prophet Rev2 sequencer.
Would love to own a Minitaur to boost my bass sound even more on the Subsequent 37.

I haven't messed with the Prophet too much as of late. What I have done on the sequencer was very intuitive and can get complex very quickly. I only have the 8 voice Rev2 but the 16 voice Rev2 takes the sequencer to the next level apparently.
 

Latest posts



Top