Two snare drums - Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute 5.5" Natural "vintage", Pearl Masters 6.5" black gloss - LOWER PRICE!

shelfand

Reaction score
All,

Up for sale are two great snare drums. I've made some acquisitions as of late and need to free up some $$ and space. Please PM or email steven.helfand@gmail.com with interest, open to offers on both.

1) Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute 5.5X14 in "Vintage" natural lacquer. 6 ply maple shell. This drum is nearly mint. I bought it a few years ago, basically unused, and it's seen very light use since. I have an older Maple custom snare as well as several brass drums that just get more use. This is a super solid, crisp, clear, articulate drum, but still plenty of body to the sound. Exceptional craftsmanship from back when Yamaha drums were still made by Sakae in Osaka, Japan. Thinking $350+shipping.

2) Pearl Masters 6.5X14 in black lacquer, die cast hoops. Also 6 ply shell, no re-rings. The drum is in great condition, just two small dings in lacquer (visible in one of the pics). They're tough to see from any distance due to the darker color. This drum is also super crisp, you can tune it up high and it remains full, or drop the tuning down for a huge, fat backbeat. These drums are sleeps in my opinion, just well built workhorse snare drums. Hoping for $190+shipping.

Let me know if either grabs your interest!

Attachments

Last edited:

pgm554

Reaction score
Is that a solid piano black or a translucent black silk finish?

shelfand

Reaction score
It's actually translucent, but very dark; up close you can see wood grain beneath the finish. However, from any sort of distance it looks pretty close to a solid finish.

Does that make sense?

SH

shelfand

Reaction score
Both drums are still available... open to reasonable offers, as neither is seeing much playing time.

pgm554, is that offer on the Pearl? PM your zip code and I'll see what works - can probably meet you halfway.

shelfand

Reaction score
BUMP! Seriously, I need the space more than the drums. Make an offer...

Latest posts