Ufip expert needed... does Ufip put weight in marker under the bell??

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just got this Ufip Class 17" Fast crash on a super amazon deal. Of course the poor packing led to a minuscule ding on the edge, and I wasn't aware of the "flange" they used on the fast crash so I'll probably return it (unless someone wants it at my cost).
Was also surprised to see "1100 FC" written in marker under the bell. Did UFIP do this, or was this possibly a return from someone else?

Attachments

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am no expert, but I had (briefly) a 22" UFIP ride cymbal that had the weight under the bell like that.

It was also an Amazon special.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep, that's factory for the last 7 or 8 years at least. I understand not every model is right for every player or situation (and thus the endless brands and series in the market today), but darn I love the Class Fast Crashes. I have a 16, 17 &18" version and really enjoy them. What about the design do you not like if I may ask?

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Yes, more often than not UFiP has inked the gram weight in pen underside the bell on their cymbals.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was at Bentley's yesterday and pulled out a UFIP vintage china (we were talking about Charlie Watts' setup) - there were no markings top or bottom, just a stamp on top, and no weight under the bell. It must have been a vintage cymbal as the UFIP stamp was small and the cymbal looked old.

tomo221

Reaction score
That marking is definitely from the UFiP factory. Matches the writing I've seen on many different UFiP models.

Latest posts