Unable to post to Drums for Sale?

jfgaleener

Reaction score
Greetings. I have previously posted in the Drums for Sale, as well as bought from that thread as well. Now, when I go there, I have no button to post a new item and thread. Has something changed? I am good user who has been top notch as far as my sales go, and updated my posting in a timely fashion once sold. Glad to hook you up with those who purchased from me with the highest satisfaction.

I look forward to your response. Thanks - Jeff Galeener Username: jfgaleener

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings. I have previously posted in the Drums for Sale, as well as bought from that thread as well. Now, when I go there, I have no button to post a new item and thread. Has something changed? I am good user who has been top notch as far as my sales go, and updated my posting in a timely fashion once sold. Glad to hook you up with those who purchased from me with the highest satisfaction.

I look forward to your response. Thanks - Jeff Galeener Username: jfgaleener
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your post. Frank has pointed you to the newly-consolidated thread containing all our guidelines for use of the Marketplace classifieds. Please give it a look when you have the time. The minimum post count before a member can post in the for sale sections is now 50 posts. We have had many people join the forum only to post ads, which is an abuse of the free platform intended for active users. This new minimum encourages people to be involved in the community, which IS what we want around here. It’s always safer and more enjoyable to buy and sell drums with people you know anyway. Let us know if you have any other questions or problems. Thanks!

jfgaleener

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

While I understand and agree with the idea, I would have preferred to be "grandfathered in." While I read threads nearly every day, I only post/respond when I have something important to say. I dislike the idea of having to create a bunch of "forced" posts just to be able to use a Marketplace feature that was available... just 7 days ago?

I would ask that you check my activity/posts, realize that I am a thoughtful, well spoken user who contributes valuable content, does not talk trash to anyone, and I have quality gear that might be of interest to the rest of the members. - Jeff

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff, unfortunately it’s an all-or-nothing programming change, not something we are switching on and off by user. Making this change was bound to have a few members caught in limbo between 5 and 50 posts. I would invite you to engage in some more conversations on the threads and you’ll be at 50 posts in no time. That’s exactly the reason we have the minimum, so that active contributing users will be the ones that have access to the Marketplace. Thanks!