Unable to Sign out...Huh???

eddiemack1952

Reaction score
Hard to tell....the GPS doesn't work when we're th
Hey Eck. First of all this is not a complaint. I, admittedly, know nothing about computers, I only learned how to turn one on 6 months ago (no I don't tell it how sexy it looks). Anyway, about 3:30 AM this morning the site would not let me sign out! I did what little I could--refresh, go back and forth from one page to another, from one forum to another, the arrow buttons in top left corner (what are those called, return arrows?). Several times I got a full page with the globe on left and "Internet Explorer cannot display page". I tried repeatedly during all this to click on the 'sign out' icon and nada. During all this--a good 20 minutes--the profile drop-down under my name would not retract. I finally hit the red square X button in top RT corner to close the window, which I've been told is not good to do without signing out because it allows your files to be accessed. I thought I could just reopen the window because I've done it before when closing by accident. But nada. Got the "Inter Ex cannot" page again. Also could not access anything else. Turned computer off and went to grocery store for a couple hours. When I got home I turned on 'puter and was able to access site but had to re-sign in. So what's up? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I made an appointment with an expert Monday to come over today to defrag the computer anyway, so what should I tell him or what should he do or not do? This isn't my computer, it's my roomates who has moved out to take a job elsewhere and there's no manual for it here. I know it's a Dell pentium 4 and it runs on the Windows XP format (program?). Obviously it's working fine now. Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks....Eddie.

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Eddie, from time to time the site has been unresponsive due to issues I'm still investigating. Usually it rights itself in 5-10 minutes. It sounds like, though, you were having trouble getting out to the internet in general so there may have been something amiss with your PC.

You do not have to sign out of DFO everytime you visit. Don't believe everything you read or hear. As long as you close your browser by hitting the red X in the upper right you have dramatically reduced the chances of any nefarious activity.

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Yep, that's back in 2005 during my last race season, a.k.a. the good ol' days.

Latest posts