Unicorn Gear Purchase?

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
20-22" Old K Istanbul Type I, II, III ride cymbal.
22" or larger trans stamp ride

Nice to have......not "need" to have.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used an 18" Italian Zanki flat ride like Charlie's for years before it was stolen along with some other stuff . Wouldn't mind having another .

russgold

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned most of the kits I have wanted over the years . I have been thinking on going back to my roots and getting a Gretsch USA Custom kit . This was the first pro level kit I bought with my own money back in 1978 when I was 17 .

I decided to order a 20/12/14 Gretsch USA Custom kit in the newly introduced Caribbean Twilight finish ( I decide on the satin version). The order has been placed and the wait has begun .

A couple weeks back I fell into a deal for a Gretsch USA Custom Bop kit in silver glass wrap that was just way too good to pass up . I bought it and played it for the first time at my gig this afternoon and I love it .
View attachment 518313 View attachment 518314
That Caribbean satin finish is beautiful.

el_37

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have a few left-

Ludwig Club Date in Mod Citrus- have never seen one and have only heard a rumor of one actually existing- this may be a true unicorn.

Ludwig Bongos in Mod Citrus- have seen congas but no bongo's yet. I believe Bun may have had a set though.

Gretsch RB 20/12/14 or 18/12/14 in Avocado Satin Flame- haven't seen an 18" but know the other sizes do exist.

Slingerland set in Green Aztec- have only seen red and brown. So bad its great.

Found a few-

Not one but TWO Ludwig Club Date sets in Psychedelic Red.

Slingerland 20/12/14 in Oyster Pink.

WFL 20/12/14 from 1956- unfortunately the wrap was stripped- but will eventually restore them in Green Glass.

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mint condition Ludwig Mod Orange vintage kit at a pawn shop with matching mod orange Pioneer snare.

Many DW snares at a pawn shop including two Edge snares ( one being a Neil Peart Time Machine Edge).

many more when I was on the hunt.
Do you still have the Mod orange set? Love to see a photo of it... thanks!