Unsoliticted Forum Newsletters Forced Delivery

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have always opted out of the Newsletters for this site. For nine years, I've never had an issue with any sort of auto-email from this site.

Today at 11:45 my time, I received an unsolicited email from this site RE: Drum Forum Trending Threads: Lucky Ludwig Find, Cool Finishes, World's Greatest Drum Sets

I have always unchecked the selection in my Preferences page.
I opened it up today only to find them selected.
I unchecked them and saved the changes.
When the page loaded after acknowledging CHANGES SAVED ... the two boxes appeared check again ... automatically.
I closed down the browser and brought it all back up.
I logged back in. I opened up my Preference page and repeated the actions ... and sure enough ... they are checked again.
I did this three times. NOJOY
I clicked the UNSUBSCRIBE button on the email this site (newsletter@drumforum.org) sent and followed the instructions (entered email, ensured the selections were unchecked, and hit submit).
I logged back into my account ... NOJOY
Not sure what might be happening on your end.

I would sincerely appreciate some action on this.

boxes.jpg

Last edited:

Philly James

Reaction score
I have always opted out of the Newsletters for this site. For nine years, I've never had an issue with any sort of auto-email from this site.

Today at 11:45 my time, I received an unsolicited email from this site RE: Drum Forum Trending Threads: Lucky Ludwig Find, Cool Finishes, World's Greatest Drum Sets

I have always unchecked the selection in my Preferences page.
I opened it up today only to find them selected.
I unchecked them and saved the changes.
When the page loaded after acknowledging CHANGES SAVED ... the two boxes appeared check again ... automatically.
I closed down the browser and brought it all back up.
I logged back in. I opened up my Preference page and repeated the actions ... and sure enough ... they are checked again.
I did this three times. NOJOY
I clicked the UNSUBSCRIBE button on the email this site sent and followed the instructions (entered email, ensured the selections were unchecked, and hit submit).
I logged back into my account ... NOJOY
Not sure what might be happening on your end.

I would sincerely appreciate some action on this.

View attachment 406637
I am having the same problem. I also receive emails when someone posts in one of my threads, and I unchecked that box too in preferences.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Sounds like a simple glitch from the forum hosting company. I'm sure it will be resolved post haste.

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
To unsubscribe, please visit the "Unsubscribe" link on the bottom-right of the newsletter, and enter your email address when redirected to the newsletter settings page.

@Mcjnic I've already done this for you.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just got mine. Followed the "unsubscribe" method above. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts