UPDATE CONVERSION COMPLETE-NON-LUDWIG SNARE THROWS - CONVERTING TO BRASS HARDWARE

sargeantgreg

Reaction score
Hello friends. I am seeking advice regarding my 6.5x14 Ludwig Super Series COB Millennium Edition snare. I am looking to convert all of the chrome hardware to brass, and change out the imperial lugs to brass tube lugs. I really like the look of it. I have found a set of triple flange 2.3mm brass hoops locally, and think I found the correct tube lugs on drumfactorydirect. It says the spacing is 2 11/64 which I believe will fit. Please let me know if someone doesn't think they will. It's all I can find other than the ones from Ludwig which are quadruple the price.

What I am seeking is a throw off and butt plate other than a P85 or P86 series that is brass colored and has the same screw spacing as the Ludwig. I've always like the Trick throws but they don't have brass colored ones. Does anyone have any recommendations that work better than the Ludwig and are brass colored?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!!

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Ludwig makes the P88 in brass, but not sure about the butt? so you'd be stuck with either Ludwigs diecast butt or something similar.

https://drumsonsale.com/ludwig-p88b...XsjXBafJp2hXE43kEXyU5mNzcAA87uVcaAg0cEALw_wcB

I have chrome Ludwig tubes I can measure later if you need.

They do have the butt in brass:

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Inde makes their throw and butt in brass. They're out of stock right now, but the website says they will have them in May.

sargeantgreg

Reaction score
Inde makes their throw and butt in brass. They're out of stock right now, but the website says they will have them in May.
Are these like the P88? They look the same. Thanks for putting me onto this.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Are these like the P88? They look the same. Thanks for putting me onto this.
I'm not familiar with the P88, but Josh Allen (Inde owner) was a designer at Ludwig for a while. He designed the Atlas hardware and some other hardware items. Probably some similarities.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the P88, but Josh Allen (Inde owner) was a designer at Ludwig for a while. He designed the Atlas hardware and some other hardware items. Probably some similarities.
Yes similar. Josh designed the P85AC which was the predecessor...there was a few design issues that were updated on the P88. I have two of them and really like them and love the new butt plate, looks and functions well.

sargeantgreg

Reaction score
Yes similar. Josh designed the P85AC which was the predecessor...there was a few design issues that were updated on the P88. I have two of them and really like them and love the new butt plate, looks and functions well.
I have ordered a brass Inde throw and butt. It's on back order but I think it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for the suggestion!