header.nohb.html

Update: Get Well Soon, Tommy Aldridge

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
From Blabbermouth.net

WHITESNAKE was forced to cancel its performance tonight (Saturday, June 25) at the Rock Imperium festival in Cartagena, Spain due to "severe health problems" suffered by drummer Tommy Aldridge.

Earlier today, the Rock Imperiumorganizers issued the following statement via social media: "Just when we had all the backline and stage preparations from WHITESNAKE ready for their show today, their booking agent informed us of the sad news that Tommy Aldridge is having severe health problems today, so we regret to announce the cancellation of their show at Rock Imperium Festival. We are really sorry for any inconveniences caused, we are devastated and can only wish Tommya quick recovery.

**Update**: Earlier today, the Twitteraccount @tadrums, which appears to be controlled by Tommy Aldridge, responded to a repost of the Rock Imperium statement claiming that the WHITESNAKE drummer's "severe health problems" caused the cancelation of the band's appearance at the event.

"This is patently untrue", the message from @tadrums, which does not have a blue check that the social media platform gives to celebrities, public figures and journalists to verify their identities, read. "I don't know how it ever saw the light of day."

A separate statement posted earlier today on WHITESNAKE's official web site and shared by David Coverdale on Twittermakes no mention of Aldridge's health. It reads as follows: "Dear WHITESNAKEFans, Please know we are doing everything in our power to bring you the best high energy and exciting shows we possibly can. We always strive to deliver 100%, as WHITESNAKE fans always deserve that much, and never anything less.

"Our desire is to complete our European tour with the same passion in which we started it!

Aldridge is 71.

langmick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tommy said he's fine on Twitter, so what is going on.

This reeks of PR not true to hide something, to make whatever caused the cancellation not actionable. Maybe they didnt tell Tommy that he was basically on his death bed, he's so OLD and OLD.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What part is not true: That Whitesnake canceled Saturday or that Tommy Aldridge was the reason?
If you don't know what's true or not, why would you make yourself a tabloid reporter and dump this on DFO?

I CAN answer that for you.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Today’s Blabbermouth update:

WHITESNAKE's DAVID COVERDALE Says TOMMY ALDRIDGE Was Simply 'Under The Weather' And 'Is Getting Better'‘ if​

WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdalehas shot down as "misleading" the claim that Tommy Aldridge is suffering from "severe health problems", saying that the drummer was simply "under the weather" when the band was forced to cancel its appearance at a Spanish festival.

On Saturday (June 25), the organizers of the Rock Imperium festival in Cartagena, Spain released a statement saying that WHITESNAKE's booking agent had informed them "of the sad news that Tommy Aldridge is having severe health problems," causing the band to pull out of the event. They went on to wish Tommy "a quick recovery."

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Most of your topics are clickbait.
I can’t recall any examples of that, Cauldronics.

Surely there’s interest in a band that sold 50 million records cancelling a festival headline slot on the day of the show.

The original post included these details:

Earlier today, the Twitteraccount @tadrums, which appears to be controlled by Tommy Aldridge, responded to a repost of the Rock Imperium statement claiming that the WHITESNAKE drummer's "severe health problems" caused the cancelation of the band's appearance at the event.

"This is patently untrue", the message from @tadrums, which does not have a blue check that the social media platform gives to celebrities, public figures and journalists to verify their identities, read. "I don't know how it ever saw the light of day."

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you say that on a Drum Forum where the most inane and most articulate subjects.. I mean what's the difference what one chooses to click on.. The "flakey old snare drum thread" the I found these Ludwigs in an old Womans home..

What would make one thread diff than the other; I'll answer; nothing

They're all equal.

Maybe being on a Phone it's disturbing but on a laptop? It's like reading thru the newspaper.
You page thru -this forum. And click read what interests you.

VB provides an old service Rock magazines used to.

How about the Song Link game thread or the Scratch Above My Badge Should I return it threads.
~
I really think it's a phone scroll thing- where topics "jump out"- whereas on a Lap or Desk all Titles are equal , predictable.

Last edited:

Bri6366

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I caught the Stadium Tour in Philly last night and Tommy Clufetos filled in for Tommy Lee for the majority of the Crue set. A friend of mine messaged me today that it was Tommy Aldridge filling in and knowing he was in Europe with Whitesnake, I saw the news. Hope all is well. I saw him 4 years back and he was still true to form.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you say that on a Drum Forum where the most inane and most articulate subjects.. I mean what's the difference what one chooses to click on.. The "flakey old snare drum thread" the I found these Ludwigs in an old Womans home..

What would make one thread diff than the other; I'll answer; nothing

They're all equal.

Maybe being on a Phone it's disturbing but on a laptop? It's like reading thru the newspaper.
You page thru -this forum. And click read what interests you.

VB provides an old service Rock magazines used to.

How about the Song Link game thread or the Scratch Above My Badge Should I return it threads.
~
I really think it's a phone scroll thing- where topics "jump out"- whereas on a Lap or Desk all Titles are equal , predictable.
At the risk of getting political, I agree with the right to free speech and wouldn't take it from anyone.

I'm aware that I don't have to read or reply to anything that might inconvenience a herd of electrons and burn a tiny amount of caloric output.

But there are those who do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. They're usually called crazy. I'm not calling VB crazy. He knows how to grab the interest of people paging through the forum, but often and usually at the expense of not having much to say. In fact, he's most often asked "why" post a thread like this one. So why? Because for him, it fills a need for engagement and maybe popularity and acceptance, somehow.

Am I being judgy? Yeah, probably a little bit. But like I mentioned, it's only from watching the rote behavior emerge over and over and over. I probably shouldn't care much.

I'm not calling out all his threads for being shallow. Some I genuinely find engaging and worthy of discussion. This is not one of them.

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

City Slang

Reaction score
From the linked article:

"In order to try to make up for this hurdle our friends in EUROPE will play a full set as headliners and we have adapted the running order."

Let's see, given the circumstances, we could refund you the $75 you paid for a ticket to see a band you've waited patiently for more than three years to see, but instead we will subject you two hours of the "Final Countdown" against your will.

Wow, talk about a bad beat.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
359330FB-B1BF-49DC-A153-CD81AFBB1AC8.jpeg