Update!! I bought a new kit! (Classic Maple's)

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just ordered the 14 floor tom & 8 tom from Sweetwater. I also decided on a 6.5x14 Supraphonic B-stock. It's been ordered as well! I just picked one up from Cascio's eBay store for $397 which I believe was a great deal.

Last edited:

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I agree with hsosdrum, it may have a bit more value in the long run if virgin basses remain in vogue... I don't see why they wouldn't.
They are many mounting options out there, which helps sustain this trend.

Are you going to go with a basic rack/stealth rack or stands?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I agree with hsosdrum, it may have a bit more value in the long run if virgin basses remain in vogue... I don't see why they wouldn't.
They are many mounting options out there, which helps sustain this trend.

Are you going to go with a basic rack/stealth rack or stands?
I'm just gonna mount them to my stands. I'm gonna wait for my 8 & 14 toms to arrive and then I will be starting from scratch in how I will mount and position everything.

Reactions: Hop

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, virgin kicks in bags are nowhere near as valuable as virgin kicks that are unwrapped.
Congratulations on the new kit! You’re going to love those CMs and with that deep Supra you’re going to dominate.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
These are exciting, enviable days for you, congratulations.

And I’m from the camp that says go all in with a drum maker; you got one of the classic kits and you got one of their classic snares to go with it! Enjoy the heck out of them.
And Maxwell's got B-stock Brasses at the Illinois store...

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, virgin kicks in bags are nowhere near as valuable as virgin kicks that are unwrapped.
Congratulations on the new kit! You’re going to love those CMs and with that deep Supra you’re going to dominate.
Right out of the box untuned, I grabbed the 12 tom and held it up with my hand and hit it. I compared it to my current 12 tom and it was night and day. I couldn't believe the difference in sound. I can't wait to have it all set up to play!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Now you're just teasing us!
Nah! I will! At least some pictures of the the 4 pieces out of the bags, LOL!!
That was my bad! I had removed the back to inspect then I rebagged it to put it in the box and then I took the picture.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
And Maxwell's got B-stock Brasses at the Illinois store...
I wanted the bronze. DCP has a B-stock for $699! Too much considering a new A-stock one is $769! I figured I'd start with the standard Supra and down the line, I'll add the bronze to the eventual collection.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
These are exciting, enviable days for you, congratulations.

And I’m from the camp that says go all in with a drum maker; you got one of the classic kits and you got one of their classic snares to go with it! Enjoy the heck out of them.
Thank you! Looking forward to them.

CLIVEB

Reaction score
CLIVEB did the nasty.
I most definitely thought about it but: The kit had some wear and tear, hardware clean but the wrap had some damage and the kick rim had started to separate. I had purchased a second tom and drilled a hole for the twin holder. (So nastiness had already happened.) I kept the 18" Floor tom pristine to use as a small kick. I removed all the hardware and cleaned and shined it up. Shipped the shells and the shop did a beautiful job, fixed the delamination, applied the Delmar wrap, checked all the bearing edges. Rather than sitting lonely in a crawl space the kit gets played and sounds great. Drums are to play.

CLIVEB

Reaction score
I wanted the bronze. DCP has a B-stock for $699! Too much considering a new A-stock one is $769! I figured I'd start with the standard Supra and down the line, I'll add the bronze to the eventual collection.
I would have called in sick, but what a joy to open those boxes! I'll be curious what you do with the kick. I'd think about stand mounting the tom and keeping it virgin. (Says the guy who drilled out his kick in the 70's and later rewrapped it.) If it drives you crazy then get a mount for it. (Did it come with one?) Get the Supra first - great decision. Consider that there are lots of used ones out there and you can save for the bronze later.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would have called in sick, but what a joy to open those boxes! I'll be curious what you do with the kick. I'd think about stand mounting the tom and keeping it virgin. (Says the guy who drilled out his kick in the 70's and later rewrapped it.) If it drives you crazy then get a mount for it. (Did it come with one?) Get the Supra first - great decision. Consider that there are lots of used ones out there and you can save for the bronze later.
I wish but unfortunately I had to fly today. Weekend off so I will be working on it. It was a joy! And it was more joyful knowing that it was totally factory fresh. The kick is going to stay virgin. The 10 & 12 brought the Atlas mounts for the cymbal stands. I ordered the 8 tom and 14 floor tom yesterday and they should be here in like 4 days. I also ordered another Atlas mount for the 8 tom. The Supra shipped out today as well. Like you said, I'll do the Bronze later (Bronze phonic). I got the B-stock Supra for less than $400 so it was a no brainer. I'll just use it and have it as part of the collection. It's gonna take time to put everything together. My kit is really big! I have to bring everything down from my old shells including heads. I had just bought brand new heads a week before I bought this kit. So I have to take those off, put the old ones back on and then install the new ones on the new shells. Then put the old shells up for sale! I also have to figure out how I will be mounting the 3 new toms to my stands without interfering with the cymbal placements. Lots of work for the next couple of weeks, but fun work!

Last edited:

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I most definitely thought about it but: The kit had some wear and tear, hardware clean but the wrap had some damage and the kick rim had started to separate. I had purchased a second tom and drilled a hole for the twin holder. (So nastiness had already happened.) I kept the 18" Floor tom pristine to use as a small kick. I removed all the hardware and cleaned and shined it up. Shipped the shells and the shop did a beautiful job, fixed the delamination, applied the Delmar wrap, checked all the bearing edges. Rather than sitting lonely in a crawl space the kit gets played and sounds great. Drums are to play.
Sounds like you did the right thing to get those ponies running.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm starting to figure out how I'm gonna set everything up. If anyone has a setup of 3 rack toms connected to cymbal stands over a virgin bass, I'd love if you could post some pictures. I need to get ideas on how to do the placement!
Also, does anyone keep the boxes or does everyone just throw them out? I have like zero space for them.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm starting to figure out how I'm gonna set everything up. If anyone has a setup of 3 rack toms connected to cymbal stands over a virgin bass, I'd love if you could post some pictures. I need to get ideas on how to do the placement!
Also, does anyone keep the boxes or does everyone just throw them out? I have like zero space for them.
Have you sold your old kit yet? might need the boxes to ship stuff.