Update!! I bought a new kit! (Classic Maple's)

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Have you sold your old kit yet? might need the boxes to ship stuff.
No I haven't! I'm tearing down today and changing heads to get it ready for pictures. I won't need the boxes for that since I'll be selling locally only. Since everything around my area that's for sale on Craigslist is a rip off, they should sell relatively quick. I'll be letting them go at a very decent, fair & realistic price.

CLIVEB

Reaction score
I wish but unfortunately I had to fly today. Weekend off so I will be working on it. It was a joy! And it was more joyful knowing that it was totally factory fresh. The kick is going to stay virgin. The 10 & 12 brought the Atlas mounts for the cymbal stands. I ordered the 8 tom and 14 floor tom yesterday and they should be here in like 4 days. I also ordered another Atlas mount for the 8 tom. The Supra shipped out today as well. Like you said, I'll do the Bronze later (Bronze phonic). I got the B-stock Supra for less than $400 so it was a no brainer. I'll just use it and have it as part of the collection. It's gonna take time to put everything together. My kit is really big! I have to bring everything down from my old shells including heads. I had just bought brand new heads a week before I bought this kit. So I have to take those off, put the old ones back on and then install the new ones on the new shells. Then put the old shells up for sale! I also have to figure out how I will be mounting the 3 new toms to my stands without interfering with the cymbal placements. Lots of work for the next couple of weeks, but fun work!
Using the Ludwig heads that came with them? Or flipping them for the heads you purchased?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Using the Ludwig heads that came with them? Or flipping them for the heads you purchased?
I'm going to put the factory Remo heads that they came with on the old kit. And the New Aquarian batters that I had bought on the new kit. I also ordered today new Aquarian reso's for the new kit. I'm also going to put the old Aquarian bass batter that I have on the new kit. Lots of swapping, Lol!
Whoever buys my old kit will be happy. They will get it with brand new Ambassador heads with the Ludwig logo.

Last edited:

CLIVEB

Reaction score
Here's a picture without the bags, Lol!
View attachment 443185
Exactly what I ALMOST bought but the price (in Canada) was considerably higher. Your price on the Supra was very good even for a factory second. For the kit, add music store mark up. Add exchange rate for Canadian dollars. Shipping across the border also incurs often ridiculous brokerage fees and you don’t know how much until it arrives.

CLIVEB

Reaction score
He wrote and you can see these are Remos. I don’t blame him for using the heads he prefers.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He wrote and you can see these are Remos. I don’t blame him for using the heads he prefers.
Yep! I already hit em a bit and no thank you! I'll stick to my Aquarians. These stock heads stink (for me). Not my cup of tea!

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Exactly what I ALMOST bought but the price (in Canada) was considerably higher. Your price on the Supra was very good even for a factory second. For the kit, add music store mark up. Add exchange rate for Canadian dollars. Shipping across the border also incurs often ridiculous brokerage fees and you don’t know how much until it arrives.
Man that stinks! Sorry to hear that it's that bad. We're very fortunate to be able to get deals like this here. I got lucky on the Supra. Cascio had been closed and for their eBay store reopening, they had listed 19 of them on a pre-buy sale for $397 I caught the last one that they had for sale!

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What a perfectly made drum!
IMG_20200523_173352.jpg

Now it sounds fantastic with the new batter! And that's with the factory reso. Once the new reso's I ordered come in, it should sound even more of what I'm looking for.
IMG_20200523_173849.jpg

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What's wrong with factory resos? They are just single ply Remos.
Wrong wording on my part. (I edited the post) Nothing wrong with them if you like the sound but I want to match it with the same brand that gives me the sound and feel that I'm accustomed to. And when I say crappy, I mean the sound & not the quality. They are USA Remo's so i'm sure they are quality heads. At least for me it's not what I'm looking for sound wise.

Last edited:

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Are you leaving the original Ludwig resonant head on your new bass drum?

I can see changing the rest out to what you know you like but I'd try leaving the bass drum resonant on if possible (if the sound works) cause I like the look of original logo heads. Or if it doesn't work, try to keep the head if you can cause that would be good to have if you ever sold the set.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are you leaving the original Ludwig resonant head on your new bass drum?

I can see changing the rest out to what you know you like but I'd try leaving the bass drum resonant on if possible (if the sound works) cause I like the look of original logo heads. Or if it doesn't work, try to keep the head if you can cause that would be good to have if you ever sold the set.
Yes that's the only thing that stays. I love that look as well so I won't change it. I believe that just changing the batter will do the trick in getting the sound that I want. I'm gonna try today to put the old Aquarian batter that I have to try it out and see how it sounds.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
What a perfectly made drum!
View attachment 443189
Now it sounds fantastic with the new batter! And that's with the factory reso. Once the new reso's I ordered come in, it will sound like what I'm looking for.
Interesting how all their drums now come with a sticker inside.
Mine didn't. All I got was an ink stamp.
I can see the visual effect of the sealer they now use. Mine was different and it makes my shells look a tiny bit darker.

Elvis

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting how all their drums now come with a sticker inside.
Mine didn't. All I got was an ink stamp.
I can see the visual effect of the sealer they now use. Mine was different and it makes my shells look a tiny bit darker.

Elvis
That is interesting! I will tell you that the sealer is definitely there. When I pulled that head off, it was intoxicating!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone know what this metal part is that came inside the bag that has the warranty card?
IMG_20200524_013243.jpg

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a memory lock for the atlas mounts though there's no notch to help hold like most memory locks. The atlas mounts hold fine without though.

You asked about 3 up over a virgin kick. That's what my kit was originally but I have been only playing 1 up for last 15 years so no pictures handy. Mine were 10 - 12 - 14 on rims mounts. I mounted the 10 and 12 on a double stand and the 14 on a cymbal stand and was able to fly them over the kick just right...I'll dig I might have a pic somewhere.

Latest posts