UPDATE- my order from Drummaker.net

swayed1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What was your experience like?

I ordered a few things from DFD and Drummaker on 7/2.

DFD Processed my order > gave me an order # > confirmation email > processed shipping the same day > emailed me a-tracking #. Great communication! I love DfD! I got my order on Saturday 7/5.

On the other hand. This was the First time I used Drummaker. I paid on the site (not user friendly). I couldn’t set up an account. It wouldn’t give me an order confirmation #. I had to email Andy (the owner?) I didn’t hear back for several days. He emailed me and said it would ship on Monday 7/6. It’s been 9 days. Nothing. No tracking number or follow up email. I gotta say I’m really not impressed.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I agree the site is poor, even unsecured when I used it. They seem limited with technology however did answer when I called. Order shipped and was received as described. They had the best product option I was looking for so I was pleased with that portion of the transaction.

swayed1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I usually research these things and I’m surprised I never saw it on DFO. Well... we’ll see how it goes. Fingers crossed

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I usually research these things and I’m surprised I never saw it on DFO. Well... we’ll see how it goes. Fingers crossed
Don't just research DFO, Google every place you want to buy from! Hopefully it's one of those that just ships late and you get your stuff soon. Some places are like that. I've ordered twice from Full Compass (which is supposed to be a reputable company) and it's the same deal. No emails & no communication and notoriously slow to ship. If you have an issue, just let your credit card company know and you'll get your money back. I honestly don't know how some of these companies survive!

Last edited:

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had one transaction with them and it was like watching paint dry (in a monsoon) to get my order fulfilled. Not sure there’s any ill intent but the follow through just ain’t there. Bug them all you want since they have your money. That’s what it took for me.

multijd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I tried to order from them a couple of weeks ago. As far as I can tell the order didnt go through, no email confirmation, no charge to paypal, no delivery of the items. I ordered the same items from Drums on Sale and they came in a couple of days.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had one transaction with them and it was like watching paint dry (in a monsoon) to get my order fulfilled. Not sure there’s any ill intent but the follow through just ain’t there. Bug them all you want since they have your money. That’s what it took for me.
That was my experience & when the bugging did start lots of grievances were aired publicly and popcorn emoticons ensued. Not sure there’s any ill intent either, but if half of that letter writing energy had been spent on follow through thing may have gone differently.

swayed1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Update- Andy emailed me back today. My order has NOT shipped and now he is saying that the price is going to be higher (I have already paid) and as soon as pay him MORE he will ship what should have ALREADY shipped. Unbelievable! I guess I’m going to call my credit card company.

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just had to call today to make sure they got my order. The guy on the phone just said that they process the orders manually so that's why I don't have my confirmation email yet.
I could have sworn that I placed this same order a week ago but never did see any emails.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Place sounds like bad news all around. Unfotunate. Instances like these are what keep people from trying new, small upstarts.

Swayed, I hope you get your $$$ back without a problem.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Don't just research DFO, Google every place you want to buy from! Hopefully it's one of those that just ships late and you get your stuff soon. Some places are like that. I've ordered twice from Full Compass (which is supposed to be a reputable company) and it's the same deal. No emails & no communication and notoriously slow to ship. If you have an issue, just let your credit card company know and you'll get your money back. I honestly don't know how some of these companies survive!
I had an issue with an item not being in stock/not made anymore (a Tama mic stand), and I was able to get someone on the phone, discussing the alternatives. I was actually able to get a higher-priced replacement at the same price as the discontinued item! I am a fan of Full Compass. They want my business. I did get emails from them, too.

The idea that there's a problem with Drummaker PLUS they want more money now is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Whatever the cost of the item is, look at the bad publicity they're getting here. What's the cost of that exactly?

Dan

Ron_M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Same here. Haven't ordered from them in years. Right before things went really downhill, I ordered and received a pair of gullwing spurs. The order took forever to fulfill, and the spurs were for the same side of the drum. I let Andy know, and he said that couldn't be. I sent him a pic, and he grudgingly sent me the proper spur. I got off lucky, after reading the stories of others. What an as*hole.

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I did end up receiving my order 3-4 days after I called to check on it.
Tracking info would have been preferred but to be fair, he had the items that I needed and I got them for a good price. :dontknow:

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Update- Andy emailed me back today. My order has NOT shipped and now he is saying that the price is going to be higher (I have already paid) and as soon as pay him MORE he will ship what should have ALREADY shipped. Unbelievable! I guess I’m going to call my credit card company.
Did you request a refund from them first? Or did you just go straight to your CC company?
Again I say it, I don't know how these companies survive! This must be one of those websites run by 1 person with another full time job that dedicates only a couple of hours a week to the website. They probably never update the prices, use drop shipping and have little to no stock of items. That deal of "the price is now higher" after you've paid is absolute BS!