Update- reply from Istanbul Agop rep - Agop Signature Hats

owr

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, and FedEx made another $60 shipping it both ways.

I hear your concerns OP, but its a handmade cymbal, and its a metal disc more or less. This isnt the space shuttle. Next time it happens (or you get an old A) get yourself a reamer for $10, spend 20 seconds shaving off a couple of mm of metal - it'll be liberating.

"Soon as he put down the phone he looked in his drawer for the reamer awaiting your cymbal to arrive."

kidding. that's a $3 don Rickles-style joke.
(may be true.. certainly not going to send it back to Turkey do you ya think? know? did he say....

swayed1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
you; it’s encouraging to see a company h
"Soon as he put down the phone he looked in his drawer for the reamer awaiting your cymbal to arrive."

kidding. that's a $3 don Rickles-style joke.
(may be true.. certainly not going to send it back to Turkey do you ya think? know? did he say....
Scott said “we are equipped to do the reaming in the US”. I believe I’ll still be able to say it was crafted in Istanbul right?

• Love
Reactions: JDA

swayed1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Scott said he’s never seen this on a pair of hats- EVER! So... Istanbul’s quality control missed this, Maxwell’s missed this, and the original owner missed it. The odds are astronomical. The way my luck is going with this cymbal I’d probably get run over by Sasquatch on the way to Ace Hardware to buy the round file.

Lol, and FedEx made another $60 shipping it both ways.

I hear your concerns OP, but its a handmade cymbal, and its a metal disc more or less. This isnt the space shuttle. Next time it happens (or you get an old A) get yourself a reamer for $10, spend 20 seconds shaving off a couple of mm of metal - it'll be liberating.