header.nohb.html

UPS..... is on crack!!!

Slippy

a.k.a "slow feet"
Reaction score
I bought a kit 2 weeks ago from a fellow DFO member. Let me start by saying it was in no way his fault he boxed the kit up perfectly. I got the kit last week and this is what I opened the box to find.....

IMG_20160616_080651.jpg

UPS picked it up last Thursday for evaluation.....

shilohjim

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I will never use them again, nor buy anything that must be shipped UPS. I had three instances of damage from them in the last year, and that's enough for me.

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
I copped a new GMS kit years back, and the floor tom was smashed by UPS. This stuff usually happens in the warehouse, when some idiot backs a forklift into a stack of boxes.

I've had better luck with FedEx, but as far as I'm concerned, they all suck.

On the one

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My nephew worked for UPS and the worst thing you can do is write "FRAGILE" or "handle with care"on a box. This is what he told me plus other crazy stories that happens/happened at UPS. I hope your box wasn't marked that way. I can't validate if his stories are true, but I ordered a snare drum from Maine to California and nowhere on the box was marked fragile, handle with care, do not drop etc. Not only was the snare not damaged, nor was the box. Maybe there is some truth to the stories.

komodobob

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't use UPS for one reason. Some may consider this a silly reason, but I don't. The drivers have absolutely no compunction about double parking, parking on the wrong side of a street, blocking alleyways, holding up traffic, (and this one really bothers me) taking a handicap space. Yes, I've seen this last little stunt a few of times and it convinces me that most, or maybe all of the drivers have not one ounce of ethics or decency.

Got no use for them................

jbonzo1

DFO Master
Reaction score
On the one said:
My nephew worked for UPS and the worst thing you can do is write "FRAGILE" or "handle with care"on a box. This is what he told me plus other crazy stories that happens/happened at UPS. I hope your box wasn't marked that way. I can't validate if his stories are true, but I ordered a snare drum from Maine to California and nowhere on the box was marked fragile, handle with care, do not drop etc. Not only was the snare not damaged, nor was the box. Maybe there is some truth to the stories.
My buddy, a UPS driver for over 35 years has told me the same thing.
The warehouse guys, who are mostly college students working from 4-9 am, look for packages marked as such. It's a game for them.
I had a DW 10 ply snare arrive at the drumshop with a hole through the shell. Looked like a clean gunshot but they thought it was a piece of rebar. Whatever it was, it took some force to do that damage.
I use USPS and FedEx.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
jbonzo1 said:
My buddy, a UPS driver for over 35 years has told me the same thing.
The warehouse guys, who are mostly college students working from 4-9 am, look for packages marked as such. It's a game for them.
I had a DW 10 ply snare arrive at the drumshop with a hole through the shell. Looked like a clean gunshot but they thought it was a piece of rebar. Whatever it was, it took some force to do that damage.
I use USPS and FedEx.
To date, I've been pretty lucky with UPS (knock on wood). The only one that has caused me problems is USPS. They lost over $500 worth of my books once. All the boxes made it to me, but they looked like they'd been torn open, emptied of half their contents, and taped back together. Luckily for me, I insured everything... Oh. Wait. No. Turns out if the insurance claim is big enough, USPS won't honor it unless you can provide a receipt for each individual item. Some of these books were ones I inherited from my dad or bought while living overseas, so that was never going to happen.

gsw

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Your books were likely opened for "inspection" if they were shipped using Media rate Mail. (to make sure it contains only books or media items)
I'm surprised they even still have the cheaper rate if they are that paranoid.