Used cymbals through Musician's Friend

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Does MusFrd now own GC, or vice versa?
I guess you could technically say that Guitar Center is the owner of all the other companies: Musician’s Friend, Music & Arts, Woodwind & Brasswind, Music123, etc. It’s been that way for years. But they all run the same way with the same distribution, so it makes sense that the web inventory overlaps.

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I guess you could technically say that Guitar Center is the owner of all the other companies: Musician’s Friend, Music & Arts, Woodwind & Brasswind, Music123, etc. It’s been that way for years. But they all run the same way with the same distribution, so it makes sense that the web inventory overlaps.
Never knew that, tho I knew a connection between MusFrd and M123...address was the same, at least a few years back.
THX for info

Last edited by a moderator:

hector48

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Last week I ordered a used 20" Paiste 2002 "ride" from GC and they sent me a 20" crash.
Says "crash" right on it with red ink. So, I don't know how someone got confused.
I gave it a try anyway, but no, it doesn't work as well as a real ride.
I'm returning it to my local store. Hopefully, I get shipping cost back, since it was a wrongly advertised item.
This happened more that once to me.
I'd suggest calling the place before placing the order, just to verify that what they plan to ship is really what you want.

bolweevil

DFO Master
Reaction score
Wow it sounds like this place doesn't pay much attention to what they are selling....I guess I got lucky.

John DeChristopher

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to the original thread (I think), I've bought several used cymbals from Music Go Round in various locations and returned a few, thanks to their 14-day return policy. As someone said, they're not good about descriptions and almost never list gram weights, so it's kind of hit or miss. But I've scored some nice old, patina'd A's at decent prices. After all, who wants dirty, old cymbals with no logos on them? This guy! ;)

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Back to the original thread (I think), I've bought several used cymbals from Music Go Round in various locations and returned a few, thanks to their 14-day return policy. As someone said, they're not good about descriptions and almost never list gram weights, so it's kind of hit or miss. But I've scored some nice old, patina'd A's at decent prices. After all, who wants dirty, old cymbals with no logos on them? This guy! ;)
Me too John. The original post is about Musician’s Friend and how they show used inventory available at GC stores. But MGR is a good resource too. I just wish their shipping prices weren’t so inflated.